Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which motorcycle jack
J&S jack
45.36%
Pitbull
21.65%
Sears yellow one
13.40%
Motorcycle lift
9.28%
whatever
7.22%
just go to bike week and buy one
3.09%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Can't decide on a jack, PLEASE help me

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 10:02 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I bought a Sears yellow 'cause I was being cheap. It's ok, but not as stable as I would like. I would buy a J&S or Pit Bull next time.

Sears yellow is awesome for my dirt bikes though!

Old 03-04-2010, 10:45 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd say go with the J & S. It is a total quality Jack.

Unless of course you want heavier duty, better stability, wider footprint. 24 inch jack height and grease zerks on all moving parts.

Then you'll need to get the Pitbull.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:59 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would not drive 4 hours for a jack

Old 03-05-2010, 07:04 AM
onionfmr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ftzoid
Go ahead and pop for the J&S. I'm extremely happy with mine, and for me it was easy to justify the extra cash for something that I'll own for the rest of my life.
Well said ftzoid! Can't agree more. I've owned my J&S for over five years. Use it more than I ever thought I would. No complaints and it has served me well!

Old 03-05-2010, 07:35 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think this another one of those personal choices. It what ever give you the piece of mind. I bought the less expensive Craftsman Red jack in 2004 and have used it on 4 scoots so far. I hope I don't ever regret it but you never know.

I kind of look at it this way. If one of those more expensive jacks failed while your bike was on it, which I have heard of. Is the manufacturer going to cover your losses or damages? I would almost bet that it would be one of those, "well it looks like the owner wasn't using the equipment properly to the manufacturers recommendations".

I try to be extra careful with the Red Craftsman jack. No pulling, pushing the bike around. I always look at the jack itself to make sure there is no hydraulic fluid leaking. Unfortunately, it only has to fail once to learn to appreciate a better jack.

I'm surprised you didn't include the HD (94653-98).

Last edited by shortride; 03-05-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:48 AM
Apex Rider
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Craftsman Yellow.

Hasn't let me down yet.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:51 AM
2of2
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ftzoid
Go ahead and pop for the J&S. I'm extremely happy with mine, and for me it was easy to justify the extra cash for something that I'll own for the rest of my life.
My thoughts exactly. This is something you should only have to buy once in your life. I bought the Sears aluminum jack and took it back and ordered the J&S. The J&S is so stable that i can lower my bike without even touching it and the jack sets it back on the kickstand. Not that I practice this method but it was so stable that I did feel compelled to try it once.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:04 AM
ElectraEd
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coastiejosh
the "boss" is pushing me to get a motorcycle jack. Partly do to being a 4 hour drive from bike week, pitbull and j&s jacks are there.
I have had a Harbor Freight red jack for years and it was actually very sturdy. It was stolen last year. So I was looking at other jacks that were in the $400 plus range but I went with the Harbor Freight yellow jack a few months back. It is very sturdy, the jack does not leak a bit and it was only $65! I see it is now in the sale flyer thru March 25 for $60.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:06 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

So if you ride 4 hours to bike week, how are you going to haul the jack home?

Old 03-05-2010, 08:40 AM
jcghound
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After buying my first J&S Jack there was no need to look for anything better. The first bottle started leaking after the first couple of lifts. It was replaced at no additional charge or shipping costs. A lot of thought went into the design of the jack for stability and it has safety lock bars when the jack is raised. Works perfect for my lowered wide glide. Watch their demo, the jack does perform like they show. It is a hands off operation and the bike will settle back onto the jiffy stand when lowered slowly. It amazes me with some comments by those that choose to use inferior jacks when raising their prized toys that required tie downs, etc to secure their scooter when raised.

Last edited by jcghound; 03-05-2010 at 08:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Can't decide on a jack, PLEASE help me