Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loud Lids / Bag Covers with Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010 | 12:03 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by FFeric
I should have said that I am looking for a way to mount the speakers in the lowers that can be painted.
2011 CVO SG has 'em, only $32,499.00 but, just think of all the take off parts you can sell! LOL! Looks like they'll fit standard vented fairing lowers... I'm sure they will be available thru P&A catalog (maybe even color matched) soon.

Old 08-26-2010 | 01:39 PM
tbills66
Cruiser

It looks like rockntops has a 7.25" option that also fits 6.5".

Old 08-26-2010 | 01:45 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member

I wasn't sure if the lower fairings from the new CVO's would be the same. That will be one way to go.

Old 09-28-2010 | 10:28 PM
flatblackbastard
Novice
Thumbs up louds lids was great to us

Originally Posted by ctso030
i just bought a set of lids and amp from alan at bagger concepts. i was at his shop. alan has some good products and has treated me right. if you want a bad *** system give him try. he has always returned my calls
I wanted to bump this topic again as I've followed this thread for about a year now. I was very skeptical to order after reading this and other reviews about the company. The website didn't offer much reassurance for a long time either and my early emails and phone calls were also not answered.

I really, really wanted these lids for my girlfriend's street glide and looked at a dozen other options that really didn't look as great. I knew Alan was trying to make a go of the business after the partnership split, and I started to hear about people he was selling lids to again this summer at the big rallies. It gave me hope that he was going to turn this thing around, and it now makes sense he was poor at returning calls from the road this summer.

I'd be the first to warn our group of a bad vendor or product, but Alan set my GF up with a complete system that looks as beautiful as it sounds. He has either answered directly or returned all recent correspondence, from questions, to order, to install and troubleshooting. He was actually, great!

With all the naysaying that has been around this company, I wanted to take the time to post a positive experience. I hope this marks a new beginning for Loud Lids and Alan's company. He really does have the best designed product out there, so I hope he will be around when it's time to upgrade my Road Glide system.

Last edited by flatblackbastard; 09-28-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 09-28-2010 | 11:06 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

bastard, what was his new lower price ??? website doesn't have prices

Last edited by leohd; 09-28-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 09-29-2010 | 01:09 AM
flatblackbastard
Novice

I'll have to check the itemized reciept when I get home. She bought the full meal deal- lids, wires, amps, front and rear speakers, color matched paint....
It wasn't cheap, but really engulfs you in sound!

Old 09-29-2010 | 03:07 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

appreciate it flat black bastard

Old 09-29-2010 | 03:56 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member

WOW !! Cheap prices !

Old 09-29-2010 | 08:33 PM
dmaldojr
Advanced

Tjd customs great prices but you gotta have a damn good fab. Guy the bag extension I got from them were in sh*ty condition I'm not sure if was the crumming packing or just poor products the fiberglass they use is very light my rear fender was ok I did more custom work to it so I wasn't to worried about that my side covers was in great shape.. But their is a new company making lids where the speaker do not stick up it's more of a clean look I have loud lids and thinking about switching I will find company and post it

Old 09-30-2010 | 12:51 PM
flatblackbastard
Novice

Leohd, the price of the lids was 499 per pair. Steeper than his projected mark, but the quality is there. I don't feel too bad about it. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply: Loud Lids / Bag Covers with Speakers