Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ipass

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 11:56 PM
rerb95
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was told that if you live in Wisconsin you done need a ipass just blow through it... they cannot come after you... but that is just what I was told, as for me I just register the plate and then dont even bring it... they will charge the ipass based on the license plate... just my .02

I used to hold it up, but then I was thinking that was a dumb idea... so I just stopped bringing it...

Old 03-05-2010, 12:28 AM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wcsj55@yahoo.com
In Illinois just register your plate to the I Pass and leave it in the car,at home,wherever,you'll be ok !!!
You are correct. That being said, if I remember, I put mine in my windshield pouches, and it works everytime.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:30 AM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

As long as you go on line and register the license plate, you don't need to carry it on the bike. I have two cars and the bike registered on my Ipass, and only keep the unit in one of the cars, been that way for a few years now and no problems.

Old 03-05-2010, 06:16 AM
kyote
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

The saddlebag lid location didnt work for me.. and the Indiana Toll booths are picker than the ILL ones.. put it in my windshield pouch and all ok after that..

Old 03-05-2010, 09:35 AM
lucifer_ajl
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone for the help.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:01 AM
WI Bob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the fee for the bike the same as a car?

Old 03-05-2010, 11:12 AM
bmorebhoy
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Quinn
Y'all yankees sure do have to endure a lot of bullshit living up there!
THAT'S the truth, brother!

Windshield bag if I have the windshield on the RKC. Usually Velcroed to the lid of my left saddlebag. I go down the right car tire path at the toll gate and it works 95% of the time. Doesn't work with the old readers with the cross bar barrier that needs to lift to pass. (figures, right?) At that point I need to remover the pass and hand it to the cop or attendant and they smack it on the top of the machine to get it to read. They've told me the problem is the old readers.
But register your plate on the iPass website for sure.

I think they're the second best thing to happen to motorcycling in years, right after the GPS.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicago 03 King
Riding buddy has no where to mount his short of having it in the pocket of his jacket and it doesn't pick up. I spoke with a Rep. at the Tollway Authority who said he has to hold it up for it to work. His response...."So you want me to remove my hands from the controls of my motorcycle, which is a ticket-able offense in IL, and hold up your transponder while piloting my motorcycle at 55 mph with other traffic around me endangering both myself and others around me?"

She had no comment....she said to make sure his plates were registered.
Reality bites sometimes, but my first summer with Ipass I had to do exactly that. Pull it out of my pocket and hold it up as I drove under the sensors. Was't that hard to do. Inconvenient, yes - but better than stopping, pulling my glove off, and digging quarters out of my pocket.

The under saddlebag lid thing never worked for me, surprised to read that others have success with that.
I hope they are testing it out in the manual lanes to confirm the blue light is lighting, or they might be in for an unpleasant surprise.

I bought a $20 plastic thingy that mounts the Ipass to my handle bar that works very well. I take it off when I am not planning on using the toll road.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:29 AM
roadcapt
Cruiser

Illinois is the tin cup state....can't go anywhere on highways in northern Illinois without having to pay a toll.

I have a handlebar mount that i use for the iPass and works pretty well.
http://www.mountguys.com/product_p/ezbike-11.htm

Old 03-05-2010, 12:59 PM
IronManCC
Intermediate
Originally Posted by marvincbr
As long as you go on line and register the license plate, you don't need to carry it on the bike. I have two cars and the bike registered on my Ipass, and only keep the unit in one of the cars, been that way for a few years now and no problems.
That may work in IL; but in other States there are tolls with traffic gates on them - The gate needs to go up for you to go through. Kind of hard to do without having the Pass with you....

Quick Reply: Ipass