Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CC Seat vs. Corbin

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 01:32 AM
bdjhog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CC Seat vs. Corbin

So I'm on a quest to find the right seat for myself. I have a 2006 Street Glide and I just can't seem to find a seat that I like yet. I've tried the Touring Reach seat - found it to be to restrictive in the crotch area. I'm currently running a Sundowner Solo seat, but I'm just not satisfies with the look of it. I had a Corbin seat on my previous bike which I liked a lot. So I'm considering going with a Corbin dual Touring saddle. However I'm also considering a C&C Sport Touring saddle. I'd love to hear from those of you using either seat to get your impressions, pros and cons, and if you would buy again given the chance. So lets hear it. Thanks.

Brian

Old 07-30-2006, 03:28 AM
manowar
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CC Seat vs. Corbin

i will have my cc 2up seat by wednesday i use a sundowner now and i will let you guys know what i think then

Old 07-30-2006, 04:50 AM
Scotto
Banned

I really like my corbin seat, the more I ride it the more I like it. Funny thing is that when I first put it on my bike, I thought I was going to hate it. I sat on it and it felt hard as a rock, but i really like the firmness now . I can go all day without the discomfort I had with the stock seat.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:32 AM
jjsanta
Tourer

I have a Mustang 75464 one piece smooth touring seat on my 06 SG. It's worlds better than the stocker - especially for the passenger. If you're looking for a very streamlined look it's not going to fit the bill though. I don't have a pic with the Mustang seat yet, but I'll post one as soon as I take it...

Old 07-31-2006, 12:14 PM
jlacasci
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had my Corbin on my bike for a couple of weeks now (2 up). Swithced from the Comfort Stitch. I like the seat quite a bit, much more comfortable and getting better as it breaks in. I called Corbin and described what I wanted and what I had on the bike (Comfort Stitch). I have a 30" inseam, wanted to be no closer, make 1" further back. Also, perhaps 1" closer to the ground but no higher for sure. I could reach the ground flat footed with the HD seat. Corbin would rework the seat to my specs if I was unhappy, I'd have to pay shipping of course.

How's it fit... Definately further back, maybe 1.5 to 2", very happy here.
Much more comfortable, I like the firmer feel and longer trips are not a problem.
But, I'm not as close to the ground either. At least an 1" higher. I noticed it right away looking over the wind
shield and my feet (with just be on the bike) do not reach the ground (***** of feet only). But, when a 120lb kid
sits on her I can reach flat footed. Must be the shocks "giving" and lowering a bit (I didn't notice this prior to the
Corbin as I was already flat footed with the Comfort Stitch).

I could send it back to be changed, but I'm getting used to it and will keep it as is.

My only complaint is that the seat was a pain in the #@$% to get on! The front metal tab that slides into the
slot behind the tank just isn't long enough. I mean I worked the darn thing for a good 20 minutes and finally had
to bend it down a bit to get it in. The Comfort Stitch is much longer and angled such that she slid right in.

Joe

Old 07-31-2006, 12:37 PM
gliderman
Road Captain

Funny you should ask: I bought my 06' Street Glide last summer. I ended up putting on the sport tourer seat from C&C. I think it was called the Squareback. Had it custom made with inserts and all. Great looking seat. Unfortunatley, I did not find the seat to be very comfortable. Not very supportive in my opinion. 50 to 75 miles and I was feeling it. When holding the seat in your hands, it was very easy to "bend" it. Like you could bend it over your knee if you applied pressure and not very much of it either. Now, I have 3 friends who have C&C seats and find them comfortable. However, only 1 of these guys really rides more than just around town or on shorter trips and he has the C&C solo seat. None of these guys have ever ridden on any other seats besides stock, so they can't compare other brands to their C&C seats. I have ridden on Mustangs, Corbins, Leperas and Bar Enterprises. I will say that C&C Seats customer service was fantastic. They did seem concerned about my comfort or lack of it. In the end, there was not much that could be done to make the seat any more comfortable. I ended up riding to the Corbin Factory and getting a Dual Tourer seat with some custom touches on the finish. Great looking seat and very comfortable. No complaints, comfortable right from the start and seems to just get more comfortable as time goes on. Wife says the Corbin was comfortable from the very first trip. Try taking a Corbin D/T in your hands and bending it over your knee! Much heavier seat with a very supportive/sturdy basepan.

Sorry about the long reply but I wanted to offer some help as I know buying the right seat can be a challenge. Good Luck..........