Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cams

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 03:44 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Not sure the OP is much of a cam expert. More of a brand snob.
If I was a cam expert, I wouldn't be asking a cam question. I am neither a brand snob, I just know that a lot of people go to HD because that's all they know and there are better and most times cheaper CAMs.

Last edited by Manish_Hawg; 03-04-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member

However, after "knowing" Manish Hawg by just years of both of us posting, I would be willing to bet his friend runs the **** out of his bike and needs a cam in the upper RPM range. Those boys from H-town don't mess around....LOL.. Nothing wrong with running your bike, but it DOES help in cam selection IMO.
And we are in a MC and when we hit the open road the bragging begans. I can't answer the question about his riding style, all I can say is he wants to turn the thottle and not get left behind.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:51 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by atrain68
I'm staying out of this one. But...

iClick, the invitation is still open for you to ride up to Cincinnati so we can do the Woods/255 bake off and write up for the forum. The snow is melting and the salt will be gone soon.
Careful, Iwas PM'd and asked to drop it for making that same request for my 255's against a local guys HQ500's!

Old 03-04-2010, 04:02 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by atrain68
iClick, the invitation is still open for you to ride up to Cincinnati so we can do the Woods/255 bake off and write up for the forum. The snow is melting and the salt will be gone soon.
Hmm...Cincinnati, eh? Just a quick little trip from Baton Rouge.

So refresh my memory, were we talking about hookin' 'em up? Two bad-*** HD's in a contest of speed? It could be something talked about for years in racing circles. It might be billed "The Ultimate Battle of the Stage 1½ Street Glides" or "The Battle of the Sumo Bikes."

If you mean a conventional drag race I'll concede now, as I can't compete in a HP shootout. OTOH, I'm game for a 2000-4000rpm punch in 5th or 6th gear for a brewsky. Maybe two. Now, the problem of getting to Cincy.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:03 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Manish_Hawg
If I was a cam expert, I wouldn't be asking a cam question. I am neither a brand snob, I just know that a lot of people go to HD because that's all they know and there are better and most times cheaper CAMs.

Seems to me you are a post blankedy blank. Posting in a Thread, but bringing no value.

Oh go on - I'm just yanking your chain - you seem to have quoted me out of context (the icons were supposed to imply my jest). How about explaining why you steered your buddy away from SE cams?

If you want value from me I recommend SE 255 cams. Good all around cam for all around riding.

Last edited by davessworks; 03-04-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member

Another story.....Some of you have heard me say my buddy is the Lead Mechanic at the local Dealer. I told him about HQ and he had never heard of them and told me not to believe the hype. I will tell you I did the HQ95. He rode it and was like WTF? He begged his boss to do a free dyno. His boss came up to me and said my numbers were better than the 110s they were building. So that's why I figured I would tell my buddy to stay away from SE stuff. Honestly I didn't mean to step on any toes but I just figured there was better stuff out there.

Last edited by Manish_Hawg; 03-04-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member

I apologize Dave and will edit my post.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:12 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by hog-doc
Careful, Iwas PM'd and asked to drop it for making that same request for my 255's against a local guys HQ500's!
It amuses me to see "For race application only" for 255's in the SE catalog, which has me wondering what type of racing these would be right for. Maybe a 1/8-mile drag race in full touring gear starting out in 5th gear, or maybe a stump-pulling contest.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:12 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member

Another story.....Some of you have heard me say my buddy is the Lead Mechanic at the local Dealer. I told him about HQ and he had never heard of them and told me not to believe the hype. I will tell you I did the HQ95. He rode it and was like WTF? He begged his boss to do a free dyno. His boss came up to me and said my numbers were better than the 110s they were building. So that's why I figured I would tell my buddy to stay away from SE stuff. Honestly I didn't mean to step on any toes except for the guy that called me a brand snob, but I just figured there was better stuff out there.
Ouch - consider my toes stepped upon ;-) . I guess it all depends what you are trying to squeeze out of the motor. Seems like there's so many flavors of cams it's almost impossible to pick from. Seriously though if you actually need advice (not sure you do, you seem to know what you're doing) you need to give the real experts (not me) some parameters/objectives as far as what you're trying to achieve.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:14 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member

I apologize Dave and will edit my post.
No need - I don't mind a bit. Thanks tho!

Quick Reply: Cams