Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 103 kit/255 cams and slipon muffler question

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 10:42 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Trek
I did!

2 of the guys from Shumate moved there, so I thought to give them a try.
I hear good things about Lone Wolf. I did not like Shumate. I ended up getting my bike from Big Sky Harley in Great Falls Mt. Had some recall work done at Lone Wolf. Service guy (I cant remember his name...he had a long black goatee) anyway he seemed pretty cool. Anyway I have a 103 kit with Rinehart muffler. I really like them. I think you should be happy with yours. I would not want to get a muffler with a cat in it, if you plan on keeping the headers with the cat as well. You will have way too much restriction with two cats. IMO

Old 03-05-2010, 11:18 AM
Trek
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BennieSG
I hear good things about Lone Wolf. I did not like Shumate. I ended up getting my bike from Big Sky Harley in Great Falls Mt. Had some recall work done at Lone Wolf. Service guy (I cant remember his name...he had a long black goatee) anyway he seemed pretty cool. Anyway I have a 103 kit with Rinehart muffler. I really like them. I think you should be happy with yours. I would not want to get a muffler with a cat in it, if you plan on keeping the headers with the cat as well. You will have way too much restriction with two cats. IMO
I too became very dissatisfied with Shumate and was preparing to buy a bike from Albany ORegon when I happened to send an email to lone wolf just to see what they would offer.

I was very pleased with the results of that email! I have also talked with the parts guy and he is swapping out the cat mufflers for the disc mufflers, which I assume are the Fatshotz. I still want a quiet bike that pulls well enough for the two of us.

I can't say enough about this new frame/rake whatever. I simply can't believe how well it handles compared to my 08 version.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:25 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Trek
I too became very dissatisfied with Shumate and was preparing to buy a bike from Albany ORegon when I happened to send an email to lone wolf just to see what they would offer.

I was very pleased with the results of that email! I have also talked with the parts guy and he is swapping out the cat mufflers for the disc mufflers, which I assume are the Fatshotz. I still want a quiet bike that pulls well enough for the two of us.

I can't say enough about this new frame/rake whatever. I simply can't believe how well it handles compared to my 08 version.
Yeah I did the email thing as well. Lone Wolf didn't have my bike in stock. I went to Shumate and they had a bike similar to mine only pearl black instead of vivid. I thought about until the salesman told me 20k. The bike also had 1k miles on it already. It was a demo. Anyway. He told me there were 3 people lined up to buy it. So I went elsewhere. I got my bike in the color I wanted with 6 miles on it for 2k less. Funny thing about Shumate is that same bike is still sitting on the floor with the doors locked up. The new frames are awesome. I love the way mySG handles

Old 03-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Trek
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BennieSG
Yeah I did the email thing as well. Lone Wolf didn't have my bike in stock. I went to Shumate and they had a bike similar to mine only pearl black instead of vivid. I thought about until the salesman told me 20k. The bike also had 1k miles on it already. It was a demo. Anyway. He told me there were 3 people lined up to buy it. So I went elsewhere. I got my bike in the color I wanted with 6 miles on it for 2k less. Funny thing about Shumate is that same bike is still sitting on the floor with the doors locked up. The new frames are awesome. I love the way mySG handles
This is an example of a dealer that was confused about what people need and what people want. A bike is not a need. Annoy me and I go somewhere else for my wants. Tried to talk to the owner last year, but it was obvious that I didn't know what I was talking about. Now their doors are locked.