Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SG Fascia & Tail Light on my Roadie w Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 11:10 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CoyoteA22
Oh and if any one is wondering when reading this post, my 09 Road King is a police model with the ultra rear fender that does have the holes for my old rear fender tip light, I am painting the whole rear fender so my paint guy is filling them in because the Fascia does not cover them....learned that on this forum as well...another Thanks!
Yes, I was wondering what you were going to do about the holes from the rear fender tip light. Just to know in case someone asks, for those that want to do this mod on an Ultra Classic fender, what does it cost to fill the holes and paint the fender?

Also, are you going to mount the fascia with 3M tape, or the stud plates and nuts? I choose the stud plates and nuts because they don't cost much and will hold the fascia on better.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:16 PM
CoyoteA22
Intermediate

Just an after thought, My 09 Road King being the Police Model does have a harness for a tour pack so I may be fine with the A version of the Tri Light, I have the service manual and the police supplement with wiring diagrams, either way I will get it figured.....man, reading all the posts on this subject can get confusing, Road Glides, Ultra`s, Street Glides, Road Kings, Road King Police models, different years etc....its great to have a place like this to help sort it all out and have a good idea of what you may run into when wrenching! Thx Guys.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:37 PM
CoyoteA22
Intermediate

I am going with the stud plate and bolt it on, fortunately my cousin has a paint shop, this is all he does for a living, he is giving me the "Cousin Price" for the job.
To do the little bit of body work to fill in the holes then sand and paint the rear fender, paint a Bad Dad front fender, paint a stretched head light from Bad Dad, paint the Fascia, Paint the Saddle Bag extension kit, paint the saddle bags along with scuff the chrome hinges and other chrome riveted fittings on the bags to paint black...quoted $400.00 Vivid Black with a few coats of clear, I have the bike disassembled now and I will re assemble, which takes the most time.......thought that was a good price.... didn't get any other quotes because he is family and has a great reputation locally for doing quality work, I am not up on what painting costs so I am not sure if that is a good deal or not, he is one of the best around here, busy all the time and I trust him....once I get everything done I will post some pics....I also removed the Hockey Pucks on the bags and installed the pop up latches which work great.....

Old 03-15-2011, 11:48 PM
CoyoteA22
Intermediate

However......... I will ask him what a paint shop would normally charge to fill the holes on an Ultra Fender sand and paint, I know the first question he asked when I asked him to give me a price was "what color?" so I suspect different colors and different types of paint will vary the price...but Ill get a range...

Old 03-16-2011, 08:26 AM
MrCarver
Cruiser

Do these work on Road kings? I would love to get rid of the chrome trim and lights on the front and rear of my king.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:35 PM
CoyoteA22
Intermediate

Parts for an 2007 FLH Road King should be...

59739-06*** Fascia (asterik is your color code, Vivid Black is DH)$97.96 - 2009 & up have the wider Rear Fender they need part Number 59739-09*** I am beginning to think the two digits after the dash is the year..not sure but it seems that way...

68358-07A Tri Bar Run/Brake Light or 68358-07 for Tri Bar Run Only Lights $97.96 depends on your rear fender set up.

2995 Torq Screws (2) $2.00 - if you use 3m two sided tape for the other mounting spots on the side of the fender.

59749-06 Fender Plugs (2) $4.00

Depending on what your rear fender has on it at the tip, just the bumper or bumper and light.....If you have the Bumper and light you will need to have two holes filled with body fill then sanded and Fender painted..the holes are for the Light wires on your present Bumper & Light which the new Fascia will not cover..If you have nothing or just the bumper and chrome nothing to do but install the Fascia...do a search on this forum for SG Fascia and you will get all the info you need and more! hope this helps...its actually a very easy install, relatively cheap and looks awesome!

Old 03-16-2011, 04:00 PM
MrCarver
Cruiser

i am going to look into this.. yes. Is there a stock harness on RK's?

Old 03-16-2011, 04:42 PM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member
Received 396 Likes on 152 Posts

Nice!

Old 03-16-2011, 07:07 PM
Joker65
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MrCarver
i am going to look into this.. yes. Is there a stock harness on RK's?
Yes.... all touring bikes have the harness for the Tour-Pak; it will be tucked behind the fuse panel.
You can also plug the tri-bar light into the socket on your taillight.
(See service manual.)

Attached Thumbnails SG Fascia & Tail Light on my Roadie w Pics-imag0328.jpg  
Old 03-19-2011, 01:16 PM
bhm07
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm having trouble finding the tour pak harness on my 2010 FLHR could someone explain where behind the fuse panel it is.
Thanks
Bart

Quick Reply: SG Fascia & Tail Light on my Roadie w Pics