Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SG Fascia & Tail Light on my Roadie w Pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 07:46 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Roady
I have this SG bullet turn signal kit kit on my Road King and I am attempting to wire in the new style SG LED run/brake light and facia. As you stated the license plate light is already using the open spot behind the tail light. How would I go about wiring this in correctly?

Thanks for the help!
You can use the connector for the license plate light by splicing the ground and run light wires of the SG LED to those used by the license plate light and add the terminal socket to the brake light wire of the LED and insert it into the license plate connector. PM dawg or stop by an HD store's parts counter for the part no. for the terminal socket. This is how I wired mine.

Alternatively, you can extend the SG LED wiring to run inside the fender with the other tail light/turn signal wiring to reach the accessory connector under the seat and use a Deutsch connector and terminal sockets for the ground, run, and brake light wires. This is how HD wires the saddlebag lid LED run/brake lights, and the tour pak spoiler LED accessories. You'll need socket housing, p/n 72114-94BK; socket lock, p/n 72154-94; and socket terminals, p/n 72191-94 (three minimum, but buy one or two extra in case you screw up a crimp or two).

Carl

The following users liked this post:
shimaze (03-30-2016)
Old 02-16-2011, 06:39 PM
Joker65
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know I'm a bit late to the party... but this is a GREAT thread!! Thanks for all the info; ALL of you who have contributed!!

I placed my order for the tri-bar light, color-matched fascia, and plugs from Zanotti's on Monday. All tolled, it only cost me $165 shiped to my door!!
I'm pretty anxious to get these parts and install them on my 09 Road King! I hope to add the 2-4" saddlebag extensions too, once I get the nerve
to attempt the project later this Spring.

For the fascia, I'm going to try and use a body-shop adhesive to secure the fascia permanently, and maybe add a couple fender washers and bolts.
This way, when I do the saddlebag extensions, my painter can fill-in the gaps to make the fender flow smoothly.

Well, here's the plan right now, anyway... thanks again for all the info!

Jake

Attached Thumbnails SG Fascia & Tail Light on my Roadie w Pics-rk-upgrade.jpg  
Old 03-10-2011, 10:43 PM
Joker65
Road Captain
Default Parts are Here!!

Partrs came in and the results are incredible!! Thanks for ALL the info!!

Attached Thumbnails SG Fascia & Tail Light on my Roadie w Pics-fender-3-.jpg   SG Fascia & Tail Light on my Roadie w Pics-fender-4-.jpg   SG Fascia & Tail Light on my Roadie w Pics-fender-5-.jpg   SG Fascia & Tail Light on my Roadie w Pics-fender-6-.jpg  
Old 03-10-2011, 10:54 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks GREAT! Enjoy it!

Old 03-11-2011, 05:38 AM
Joker65
Road Captain

Thanks Mike.... we're lookin at temps in the lower 50's next week!!

Old 03-15-2011, 04:05 PM
shredsurf
Road Master

Originally Posted by BigDaddyMike
Looks GREAT! Enjoy it!
So do those wheels Mike!

Old 03-15-2011, 07:04 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nicely done. It really looks sharp. Thanks for providing the part numbers.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:14 PM
CoyoteA22
Intermediate
Smile Winter Project

Thanks for all your info on the fascia Mike...just ordered your parts list today...cant wait to install, I also ordered the HD Stretched Saddlebag extension kit as well...thought I had all my project parts bought until I seen your post!

Winter Project Almost complete..

Started with....

2009 Vivid Black Road King 103 ci, 255 cams, Arlen Ness A/C, V&H Fishtails, Stock Headers, 18" HCC Apes, PC-V.

Added or working on....

V&H Dresser Duals, American Custom Bombers, Bad Dad Indian Replica Front Fender, Bad Dad Stretched Headlight with Spear, S&S Super A/C, Mustang Solo Seat & Mini Bib, Black Bag Guards, 2007 Road King Classic Fuel Tank Emblems (I like that style)

If I get a decent Tax Refund I am looking at adding a BR Customs Black Powder Coat Meat Hook Engine Guard with Webs along with 18" 1.5 inch diameter Sweeping Apes with Gussets also Black powder coat from BR.

Bike will be painted where required & Dyno Tuned.....

I will be posting all my take offs in the Sell section of the forum, V&H Fishtails, Saddle Bag Guard & Side Rails, Front Ultra Fender, Ultra rear Fender Tip Light as soon as I can get some pics and figure out pricing....

Thanks to all for the info on this site although I do not post allot I visit everyday and soak in the knowledge from all the fine folks here, get allot of ideas from the forum...Thx to all.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:15 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by CoyoteA22
Thanks for all your info on the fascia Mike...just ordered your parts list today...cant wait to install, I also ordered the HD Stretched Saddlebag extension kit as well...thought I had all my project parts bought until I seen your post!

Winter Project Almost complete..

Started with....

2009 Vivid Black Road King 103 ci, 255 cams, Arlen Ness A/C, V&H Fishtails, Stock Headers, 18" HCC Apes, PC-V.

Added or working on....

V&H Dresser Duals, American Custom Bombers, Bad Dad Indian Replica Front Fender, Bad Dad Stretched Headlight with Spear, S&S Super A/C, Mustang Solo Seat & Mini Bib, Black Bag Guards, 2007 Road King Classic Fuel Tank Emblems (I like that style)

If I get a decent Tax Refund I am looking at adding a BR Customs Black Powder Coat Meat Hook Engine Guard with Webs along with 18" 1.5 inch diameter Sweeping Apes with Gussets also Black powder coat from BR.

Bike will be painted where required & Dyno Tuned.....

I will be posting all my take offs in the Sell section of the forum, V&H Fishtails, Saddle Bag Guard & Side Rails, Front Ultra Fender, Ultra rear Fender Tip Light as soon as I can get some pics and figure out pricing....

Thanks to all for the info on this site although I do not post allot I visit everyday and soak in the knowledge from all the fine folks here, get allot of ideas from the forum...Thx to all.
Here is another link with information that may be useful to you.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...a-install.html

Old 03-15-2011, 10:46 PM
CoyoteA22
Intermediate
Smile

Thx OzoneMan,

I read your linked post and realize I will need part # 73191-96 the Terminal - socket, I have the Ultra Fender with the Tip Light that plugs into my Tail Light, I ordered Tri Light 68358-07A so it should have 3 wires, my old plug has 3 channels but only uses two wires, so I should be able to cut the wires to the plug on the new tri light and attach to my old housing but use the middle channel thats empty (hence the terminal socket) for the middle wire on Tri Light 8358-07A.
as long as it is wired the same I thought I read some where from left to right on the female housing on the tail light it is ground/brake/running...or ground/running/brake...either way as long as the middle wire on the new tri light is for the middle channel on my tail light plug housing I will be set...just need to order the sockets to wire it in.

Thx Ozone your post saved me some time and aggravation, I would have gotten home and realized I needed 73191-96 to have it fully functional, my Harley dealer is an hour away so I would have been cursing! I will call them tomorrow and add what I need.....a big Thank You! to you.

Oh and if any one is wondering when reading this post, my 09 Road King is a police model with the ultra rear fender that does have the holes for my old rear fender tip light, I am painting the whole rear fender so my paint guy is filling them in because the Fascia does not cover them....learned that on this forum as well...another Thanks!

Quick Reply: SG Fascia & Tail Light on my Roadie w Pics