Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SG Fascia & Tail Light on my Roadie w Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 06:22 PM
heywood727
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like I said, I bought the running light only. It had the larger 2 prong plug. There are quite a few that have the 3 prong version.

Garemlin, both you and Harleypingman were in on that conversation Nov.17/09

The chrome guy at the dealer told me about the plug and even had the part # I did the switch and tried it out after the conversion. It works. One of the guy in the club had it on his 07 RG. He bought the proper one that is both run/brake. He told me the same thing. I just bought the wrong light by accident and the dealer has a no return policy on electrical components.

The right plug was $2. I think I left the middle slot open as that was the brake.

The search isn't working right to that page, but I'll post it any way:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...questions.html

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...r-on-a-uc.html

Old 03-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Garemlin
Thanks Carl. Looking forward to hearing what you find out.
Spoke to the Service Manager and it turns out he has done exactly what we're talking about: installed the LED from the tri-bar extension accessory in a SG fascia and connecting the LED to the socket in the circuit board behind the tail light lens. According to him, there is no difference in the LED; only the wire harness length (the SG is longer) and connector are different between the run/brake SG accessory and tri-bar fender extension LED accessory.

Carl

Old 03-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks much Carl. That is great news. Makes doing this much easier. I appreciate you getting an answer on this. Gonna order everything this weekend.

Old 03-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Running into a small roadblock. I tried ordering pn#59739-09 (07BNR paint code - mirage orange pearl) and the dealer said it doesn't come in that color. I asked if then I can buy the primed one and have Harley paint it before they ship it, they said they don't do paint mail order.

I'm wondering why then can they paint primed lowers in my paint color, but they do not offer this part in my paint....

I think I'll call around to another dealer and see what they say.

Thanks again.

Ride safe and have fun.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:09 AM
shredsurf
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice work, that bike looks better & better everytime I see it!!

Attached Thumbnails SG Fascia & Tail Light on my Roadie w Pics-bg8.jpg  
Old 03-05-2010, 11:38 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Grillfish
Running into a small roadblock. I tried ordering pn#59739-09 (07BNR paint code - mirage orange pearl) and the dealer said it doesn't come in that color. I asked if then I can buy the primed one and have Harley paint it before they ship it, they said they don't do paint mail order.

I'm wondering why then can they paint primed lowers in my paint color, but they do not offer this part in my paint....

I think I'll call around to another dealer and see what they say.

Thanks again.

Ride safe and have fun.
Wish you luck on buying a color-matched SG fascia from HD in a color not offered in a Street Glide color. The lowers are a cataloged accessory for your bike, so HD sells them color-matched. The SG fascia isn't an HD-offered accessory so they don't offer them color-matched except in SG colors.

You can buy the primered one and have it painted locally if HD can't supply color-matched; and, if they can, that would be a revelation.

Carl

Old 03-05-2010, 03:45 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

can get just the fascia primed for cheap here http://www.surdyke.com/hd/product.asp?prod=87227&cat=1

Old 03-05-2010, 04:37 PM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

So how would this plug in for us that have removed our factory tail light? I have the Cyclevision eliminator.

Old 03-05-2010, 06:00 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by r8rs4lf
So how would this plug in for us that have removed our factory tail light? I have the Cyclevision eliminator.
If "this" refers to the SG fascia LED (either the OEM run light only; or accessory run and brake light version), see the first paragraph in post #29 of this thread for the answer.

Carl

Old 03-05-2010, 06:09 PM
elsid
Stage III

newbie here do you think this can be done to a 03 ultra ps LOOKS SHARP

Quick Reply: SG Fascia & Tail Light on my Roadie w Pics