Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SG Fascia & Tail Light on my Roadie w Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 10:00 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blueride
Mike, looks great. Where did you get the frenched rings around your turnsignals?
They are Kuryakyn Panacea LED inserts

Old 03-03-2010, 10:05 PM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks great!

Old 03-03-2010, 10:12 PM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by BigDaddyMike
59739-09*** (asterik is your color code)$97.96
68358-07A Tri Bar Run/Brake Light $97.96
2995 Torq Screws (2) $2.00
59749-06 Fender Plugs (2) $4.00
I tried plugging in that first part# and it didn't work for me. I believe my color code is BYM. The only one I got to work was the second part#. Any help?

Old 03-03-2010, 10:31 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Originally Posted by r8rs4lf
I tried plugging in that first part# and it didn't work for me. I believe my color code is BYM. The only one I got to work was the second part#. Any help?
Your dealer can order it (or any harley dealer) just give am the number and the paint code
59739-09 is the number for the primed one.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:38 PM
1sttinker
Advanced

put one on my 95 flhtp looks good

Old 03-04-2010, 05:36 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by heywood727
The running light only older style light is a small 2 prong male plug. It's a little bigger. The new style with the running /brake light is smaller and plugs right into the circuit board in the tail light.

When you remove the tail light len's, you'll see the 3 prongs with some clear grease in the upper left hand corner. Just use a test light to figure out which is ground, brake and running. I went back and HD does sell the black plastic plug without the wires. I took a hacksaw and cut the other/ bigger plug adaptor, split it and put the flat prong conectors into the new one. then it was just a simple snap connector that holds it in place and I was done.

The fender behind the light and tail light housing has the hole already there. Fish it through, plug it in, and put the tail light len's back on.

Done. No taking up your tour pac plug. nice, close and clean. Just take a look at the service manual on page 8-34. Really simple.

If you get the new version that is running and brake, you can avoid messing with the plug. If I'd known that then, I would've just bought it instead.

Yup I know all about the extra slot under the tail light. It is where the Ultra and Classic fender tip light plugs in. I actually have one of those plugs in my tool box. Bought it back when I had my Street Glide because I was gonna move the connection from the tour pak harness to there.

I am curious where you got the information about the newer version of the tri-bar light having the plug for under the tail light?? I have the parts breakdown for both an 06 and 09 rear fender. The connector on the SG tri-bar for both is a 73103-96. That is the style connector that plugs into the tour pak harness. The connector that plugs in under the tail light is a 73153-96.

If what Carl suggested will actually work I may just go that route just to be 100% sure.

Old 03-04-2010, 05:44 AM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks BigDaddy for the part #s. I'll look into it this weekend.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:25 AM
Q Hog
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been thinking of addind that mod. Just have'nt pull the trigger yet.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:17 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Garemlin
Yup I know all about the extra slot under the tail light. It is where the Ultra and Classic fender tip light plugs in. I actually have one of those plugs in my tool box. Bought it back when I had my Street Glide because I was gonna move the connection from the tour pak harness to there.

I am curious where you got the information about the newer version of the tri-bar light having the plug for under the tail light?? I have the parts breakdown for both an 06 and 09 rear fender. The connector on the SG tri-bar for both is a 73103-96. That is the style connector that plugs into the tour pak harness. The connector that plugs in under the tail light is a 73153-96.

If what Carl suggested will actually work I may just go that route just to be 100% sure.
The SG tri-bar LED that's run/brake light, p/n 68358-07A, installs the same as the OEM SG LED (i.e. connects to the bike's tour pak harness) so there isn't any difference in the connector. The run/brake version has three wires; the OEM run-only version has two wires.

Whether the LED (p/n 68074-07) from the tri-bar fender extension accessory (which is a run/brake light) which plugs into the circuit board behind the tail light lens can be installed in the SG fascia I don't know for sure. I have a spare OEM SG LED that a tech at my local dealership gave me and I'll take it in and compare it to the tri-bar fender extension LED and see it the two are the same except for the connector at the end of the harness and edit my posts accordingly one way or the other.

Also, this information is for '08 and older fairing models. The '09 SG uses the same LED as older SG's.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks Carl. Looking forward to hearing what you find out.

Quick Reply: SG Fascia & Tail Light on my Roadie w Pics