Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lets try this again...."My bike is being held hostage"!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 09:01 AM
wnogood
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lets try this again...."My bike is being held hostage"!

My new ultra is at the dealership. Been there since Tuesday. I can no longer ride my RG because the sick individual ( darn, I have to watch my language on this biker forum ) told me that I could not leave on my new bike without WRITTEN PROOF that I had insurance on the new bike. She said that I needed to do that on Thursday, so I did. Well, now I cannot ride my own bike because it has no insurance on it! And, I cannot pick up my new bike because that same sick individual does not have my paperwork done. Crap, dang, spit, screw, shucks, darn, golly that makes me mad. ( gotta watch my language on this biker forum ).

So, I sit, and I wait.....dreaming of the many wonderful hours I could be spending .....cutting some curves....enjoying the ride.....BUT NO! I am not allowed such pleasure.

Today, I will be going to "Visit" my new bike..........let it know that it does have a home......away from those people that are holding it against it's will....( dang, that almost sounds perverse....was my language ok? )

Actually, I want to make sure of what I have, and what I do not have and place my first "Chrome and stuff" order.......

nogood o~`o

Old 07-29-2006, 09:14 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 1,601 Posts
Default RE: Lets try this again...."My bike is being held hostage"!

Brother, where'd your insurance go???? You can get that Faxed in like 10 seconds.
Feel for ya....

lp

Old 07-29-2006, 10:08 AM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds like they are dragging their feet on your delivery on purpose. Either the dealer had some money removed from their profit side of the ledger or they just aren't in the mood to help you get on your way. Regardless, they aren't making any friends over the situation......and they have you "over the barrel".

All you can do is smile and be patient..........and try to stay cool.

Old 07-29-2006, 10:22 AM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seriously can't believe that ya actually defected/caved in/surrendered/sold out, to the classic, timeless styling & superior engineering, of...THE legendary BATWING! Why did'nt ya just trade a few months ago and save yourself all this posting grief?[sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 07-29-2006, 10:30 AM
mkelley
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HD does not wnat any of the 07's out the door until Aug. 1 unles your dealer has met the quota for last years bikes. They do not ant the 07's to be used to meet the quota for 06. This may be what you are facing. Just my opinion for what I hear at work.
M

Old 07-29-2006, 11:01 AM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Mkelly might just have a valid point. I've heard something to that effect here........seems some salesman has sold a handful of '07's and he can't release them. The dealership I do business with overacheived sales quota this year and is releasing '07 bikes as they sell and get prepped.

Old 07-29-2006, 11:27 AM
banjopickin101
Road Warrior
Received 543 Likes on 219 Posts

ORIGINAL: mkelley

HD does not wnat any of the 07's out the door until Aug. 1 unles your dealer has met the quota for last years bikes. They do not ant the 07's to be used to meet the quota for 06. This may be what you are facing. Just my opinion for what I hear at work.
M
A dealer around here is having a 06 "blowout sale" and 07 models are "available to check out". Mkelley might have a point?

Old 07-29-2006, 11:36 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

07's are on the road here... TowJam posted his review, in this forum, of his new 07 over a week ago.... I suppose some dealerships may follow the rules to differing degress....

Old 07-29-2006, 01:29 PM
jsd245
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would the dealer care whether or not you had insurance? Were they handling all the registration paperwork for you? You should have told them you were trailering it home and rode it away when you got it outside the doors.

Old 07-29-2006, 01:44 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

if the bike was paid in CASH, then no problem... However, if the bike was financed - then that Co or HD has a vested interest in the bike/insurance issue - Only a guess here

Quick Reply: Lets try this again...."My bike is being held hostage"!