Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hd heated grips yes no maybe

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010 | 03:21 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 245 Likes on 194 Posts

I give it 2 thumbs up compare to heated gloves very toasty in freezing cold weather.I wish were cheaper and easy to Do It your self plug in wires pre installed like BMW's.

Old 03-20-2010 | 05:21 PM
firefighter156
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Got em and love em

Old 03-20-2010 | 06:06 PM
Born2cure
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set had the dealer put them on when I purchased bike. Had trouble with them after having new bars put on. Indy might have messed them or maybe just bad. But Conrad's Harley stood by them and replaced. Koodos to Conrad's! I love them

Old 03-20-2010 | 06:32 PM
toad6301
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

they could very easily be set up to plug in the grips of your choice (HD style) from the factory, I can't see where any tech would be looking forward to this job. I did it and it was a time enduring task and I must say DO NOT get in a hurry if you do it yourself. At an earlier age I would have all kinds of s*** torn up just trying to install them, now I walk away and come back in ten minutes or so and have better luck. I DO like them I can say that for sure!!!!

Old 04-19-2010 | 09:27 AM
yoopermjm
Tourer

They came on my 06 Ultra. First they would not turn off and were on full bore.
Dealer fixed under warranty.
Then they quit.
Dealer fixed under warranty.
New set lasted a year and a half, they have now quit again.
These are the HD grips.
I love them, but they don't last. Too bad.
I might try some other type but I'm not putting any money into the HD ones, though I really like them. They just don't last.

Old 04-19-2010 | 09:48 AM
Bogart
Novice

Had them installed at purchase (part of the deal) 2010 SG. Best upgrade I could have made because those cold winter morning are no longer a problem for my hands. Prior bike I would have a couple of numb fingers now on a ride twice as long my hands are nice and warm. Highly recommend them.

Old 04-28-2010 | 02:14 PM
rodeking
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by etstrine
You will get people who disagree with this statement but.... It was the worst money I ever spent. They worked well for about one year and then I drove 10 hours in a downpour on my way back from the Keys. The moisture fried the electronics in the left grip (the one that contains the controls) and they have not worked since. Another left grip is about $125 plus the pain to replace it. I have since gone to Gerbing heated gloves and jacket liner. I am now a happy camper.
Ditto. HD grips tanked in a short time. The Gerbings jacket liner and glove liners are far better.

Old 04-28-2010 | 03:11 PM
mazz
Road Master
Received 194 Likes on 117 Posts

i am thrilled with my heated grips on my ultra in cold weather
they are Harley brand similiar to the ones on the deluxe edition bikes
Mazz

Old 04-28-2010 | 04:39 PM
blown alcohol
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

There is no way heated grips will keep my hands warm in cold weather, cool weather yes.
I ride sometimes below freezing in the winter months. The gerbing jacket liner, gloves, and socks are great. I am not talking about 10-20 miles in cold weather across town and back. I have a friend that has the gerbings also, and we take atleast one trip in the winter.

I have a 2010 FLHTK. It's been in the shop twice for the heated grips. They have new replacements on order. The service writer made a comment about how many problems the heated grips give. My heated grips will work for atleast 2 years, cause that's how long my warranty is.

Gerbings have a lifetime warranty on the heating elements too.
Just do a search on all the forums, and see how many have had problems with the heated grips.

Old 04-28-2010 | 06:46 PM
Toe Knee
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts

i just installed them on my 08....LOVE them.

Quick Reply: Hd heated grips yes no maybe