Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hd heated grips yes no maybe

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010 | 04:12 AM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Trek
I was curious about which controller you use with the heated gloves.
Thanks
Just the one that came in the package. A Y split cable terminates between the battery posts and ran it up between the front of the seat and back of gas tank. Then a simple toggle switch plugs into the cable that connects to the gloves.

Old 03-07-2010 | 08:10 AM
Wonderbob
|
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by strtarrow
Lets just hope that before long we won't have to think about ANYTHING heated for at least 6 months!!!!!! In the meantime quite happy with my Gerbing gloves.
+1 couldnt have said it better!

Old 03-17-2010 | 11:52 PM
toad6301
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got mine installed two days ago, not the easiest of things
to do with the wiring in the bars, but, I am very pleased
with the heating of them. I got out early this morning in 34*
and was turning them down as they were HOT coming
through my winter gloves, ended up running them on the
#3 setting out of #6 being the highest heat.

Old 03-18-2010 | 01:35 AM
Zealous1
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put a pair on my gold wing and they were great. So that was one of the first things I put on my SG. I have an HD set. No problems so far.

Old 03-18-2010 | 11:52 AM
caymen8
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the HD heated grips put on when I bought the bike. Two years and 10,000 miles - no problems. I use them all the time, even in the summer when I get high enough up in the mountains. One of the best add ons you can do if you live in a cooler climate.

Old 03-18-2010 | 12:11 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Anything above #2 on mine and my hands start sweating.

Old 03-18-2010 | 12:35 PM
myy2khog
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Heated Grips

Another vote for the Heat Demons here. I recently installed a set on my '09 Ultra. No problem with installing with the Throttle by Wire. You just have to unplug the connection under the fairing and slide the throttle assy. out of the bar enought to wrap the element around the assy. And because they actually install in the bar, you can use any grips. I have the Iso Grips. They are in the off mode during startup so no worries there either. They get so hot on the highest setting, you can't hold on to them without heavy gloves and this is without the bike running. I used them set on high to cure the epoxy for the left grip. Give Roland a call there, he seems like a very standup kinda guy to me.

Russ

Old 03-19-2010 | 08:51 PM
flight
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just installed Paul Yaffe Monkey Bagger bars on my 08 SG and while yaffe was wiring them I had them put on the latest version (08a) of the hd aileron heated grips and love them. I have ridden only 100 miles with them but they are set on "1-2" WHICH IS GREAT WITH LIGHT GLOVES AT 55 DEGREES oops fricken caps lock.

Steve

Old 03-19-2010 | 09:19 PM
wing_rdr
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default HD heated grips

I am on my third set of HD heated grips. When they work they are great. I had them on the bike new so the last two sets that kind of gave up the ghost were replaced at the dealer's expense. One set lasted almost two seasons and the other set lasted less than a month. The newest ones, put on in June of 09 are still working or were still working when the bike went into storage in November of 09. If (or should I say when) these go I am going for heated gloves. I have friends who have had similar experiences with the HD heated grips. Not one of your success stories from HD.

Old 03-20-2010 | 11:56 AM
timbo141
Road Warrior
Received 238 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Wonderbob
Who has heated grips? Would you reccomend them, do they work well. Any feedback is appreciated!

Have them on my 03 V-Rod and 08 Road Glide. Once you have them you always want them. (At least I do)

Quick Reply: Hd heated grips yes no maybe