Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hd heated grips yes no maybe

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010 | 04:02 PM
wingman05
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have them on my 08 Ultra Classic and they work great!

Old 03-03-2010 | 05:06 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Got 'em on the Limited, which I've only had since November, so I can't comment on longevity. I've also got the full Gerbing get-up. The heated grips are really nice when it suddenly turns cold and you don't want to stop and change gloves (or if you don't have the plug-in stuff with you). I have no intention of changing them, as they're warranted for the next 7 years.

The following users liked this post:
WVHARLEEMANN (02-08-2021)
Old 03-03-2010 | 05:51 PM
Wonderbob
|
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rthomp159
Got 'em on the Limited, which I've only had since November, so I can't comment on longevity. I've also got the full Gerbing get-up. The heated grips are really nice when it suddenly turns cold and you don't want to stop and change gloves (or if you don't have the plug-in stuff with you). I have no intention of changing them, as they're warranted for the next 7 years.
7 year warranty? Sounds like a deal to me. Where can I find them?

Old 03-03-2010 | 05:54 PM
Wonderbob
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by gunner11
I just put on some leather lace up grips, had some good cold weather gloves and I was good all winter. Of course we don't have long winters in NM, 63 and sunny today.
Hey Gunner, No need to rub it in dude. We use to have the same kinda winters here in NC until global warming kicked in and we started freezing our butts off! LOL

Old 03-03-2010 | 06:06 PM
Bagger Bleu
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Came stock on the Limited, very nice. Downside is that the grips are thicker than regular grips. You may or may not like that. I would prefer a slimmer grip.

Old 03-03-2010 | 07:02 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by rthomp159
Originally Posted by Wonderbob
7 year warranty? Sounds like a deal to me. Where can I find them?
Any dealer will be happy to sell you an extended service plan. As many miles as I ride, it seemed like a good idea (especially when something like the heated grips has such a bad reputation).

Old 03-03-2010 | 07:11 PM
robbie52
Road Warrior
Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts

The installation looks like a pain in the @ss for a throttle by wire bike. Have decided I want to install them, but not sure I am ready to tackle this.

Old 03-03-2010 | 07:33 PM
Wonderbob
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by robbie52
The installation looks like a pain in the @ss for a throttle by wire bike. Have decided I want to install them, but not sure I am ready to tackle this.
Rob, go ahead do it! We've got you covered, thats why we are all here.

Old 03-03-2010 | 07:43 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

There is no doubt heated grips are be nice, but in temps below 65F you still need to have either insulated gloves or heated gloves. In very cold weather they will not keep the backs of your hands warm. Think of them as a supplement to insulated gloves, not a replacement for them.

Old 03-03-2010 | 09:48 PM
FloridaFLHX
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I live in Florida, and I have them. Quit working while still under the original warranty. Dealer ordered replacements, and ordered grips for a bike without TBW. Wasted trip to the dealer #1. Next time, started working on the bike and found a broken wire on the new grip. Wasted trip #3. Next time, they only replaced the right grip. This time, the grips only worked on the highest setting. By now, the original warranty was up, but I was covered under ESP with a $50 deductible. The dealer replaced the left-side grip and waived the deductible - so no complaint about the way the dealer tried to make it right. Grips working so far - but when this set breaks, I'm done. Not going to pay the deductible for something that seems so unreliable. Back to ISO grips next. Will Heat Demons work with ISOs?

Quick Reply: Hd heated grips yes no maybe