Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Ultra Limited riders.................

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010 | 07:10 AM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Default Merlot and Cherry Red

I now have about 800 miles on the new Limited and I have to say that this is a sweet bike. I sold an 07 Ultra which was highly modified so I am not comparing power, but rideability, comfort, etc. is excellent. One accessory that I have never had, but will now never do without again are the heated hand grips - wow, what a difference just a little heat to the hands makes in 50 degree temps.

Like many other, have a few things planned for the bike, parts are starting to stack up in the garage, but they just might have to wait if the weather gets real good, I will be out riding !

Old 04-25-2010 | 07:43 AM
dakota_dj
Advanced

FLS2FLH
Not trying to highjack thread but noticed your pic with the Road King bag guards installed on your limited. Did you order them and install or did you have the dealer add them when you picked the bike up and do you like the look?

I have a Vivid Black/Black Ice Pearl ordered that I am trading my 2009 Ultra in on and already talked to the dealer about those guards. The dealer keeps them in stock. Not liking the $229.99 price though but I want to protect the bags

Thanks for your time.

Tim

Old 04-25-2010 | 08:18 AM
Meathook
Cruiser

I opted for the Limited because of the options: cheaper than dressing up an Ultra.

I recently chased an 1800 Wing through the curves of SE Ohio on it: it handles so much better than my '95 Ultra and the additional power is most welcome. The Wing could power away, but not out turn me. Great stable platform and easily controlled in twists and turns. If you ride two-up that is where the Limited really shines: all the "bells and whistles" will make the wife very happy and the power makes running 75 with a full load a breeze.

The anti-lock brakes are awesome!

I ran 84,000 touring miles on the '95 and never complained about comfort. It ate 600 mile days The Limited is at least equal as far as comfort and far improved as to handling and power! First trip out The Redhead and I ran 140 miles in 3 hours with one stop and then worked in the yard for a couple hours. Zero complaints.

Meathook: out

Old 04-25-2010 | 08:57 AM
FLS2FLH
Tourer

Originally Posted by dakota_dj
FLS2FLH
Not trying to highjack thread but noticed your pic with the Road King bag guards installed on your limited. Did you order them and install or did you have the dealer add them when you picked the bike up and do you like the look?

I have a Vivid Black/Black Ice Pearl ordered that I am trading my 2009 Ultra in on and already talked to the dealer about those guards. The dealer keeps them in stock. Not liking the $229.99 price though but I want to protect the bags

Thanks for your time.

Tim
Hey Tim - I ordered them from Zanotti a few weeks after taking delivery. ($179+shippping). They are a no brainer to install. I wasn't crazy about putting any guards on at all, but since this bike is a little harder to dance with at low speeds and stoplights than my old Softail, figured I'd rather be safe than painting a saddlebag if it tipped. I like these guards more than all others I've seen on a Limited simply because they allow the side paint line to be more visable. I've grown to appreciate the look a little more since installing, and absolutely appreciate the potential protection they can provide - should they need to!

Congrats on the new bike!

Old 04-25-2010 | 09:01 AM
FLS2FLH
Tourer

Originally Posted by FLS2FLH
Hey Tim - I ordered them from Zanotti a few weeks after taking delivery. ($179+shippping). They are a no brainer to install. I wasn't crazy about putting any guards on at all, but since this bike is a little harder to dance with at low speeds and stoplights than my old Softail, figured I'd rather be safe than painting a saddlebag if it tipped. I like these guards more than all others I've seen on a Limited simply because they allow the side paint line to be more visable. I've grown to appreciate the look a little more since installing, and absolutely appreciate the potential protection they can provide - should they need to!

Congrats on the new bike!
Tim - here is another shot of what they look like from the side and back

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Ultra Limited riders.................-river-bike-sunset.jpg  
Old 04-25-2010 | 09:16 AM
dakota_dj
Advanced

Originally Posted by FLS2FLH
Tim - here is another shot of what they look like from the side and back
Thank for the extra pics. I think I will add them once I get the new bike 1st week in June. I think the guards do look good on the bike and almost is a match for the front fender bar around the sides.

I am going to take most of the extras I added to the 2009 UC put onto th UL. Reverse will fit on and the Jackpot mufflers and PCV. Will also be adding the PC Autotune. Already talking with Jamie about it.

Thanks again,

Tim

Old 04-25-2010 | 09:47 AM
FLS2FLH
Tourer

Originally Posted by dakota_dj
Thank for the extra pics. I think I will add them once I get the new bike 1st week in June. I think the guards do look good on the bike and almost is a match for the front fender bar around the sides.

I am going to take most of the extras I added to the 2009 UC put onto th UL. Reverse will fit on and the Jackpot mufflers and PCV. Will also be adding the PC Autotune. Already talking with Jamie about it.

Thanks again,

Tim
My Jackpots, PCV and A/C arrive this Wed...

Old 04-25-2010 | 11:29 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dalton
I now have about 800 miles on the new Limited and I have to say that this is a sweet bike. I sold an 07 Ultra which was highly modified so I am not comparing power, but rideability, comfort, etc. is excellent. One accessory that I have never had, but will now never do without again are the heated hand grips - wow, what a difference just a little heat to the hands makes in 50 degree temps.

Like many other, have a few things planned for the bike, parts are starting to stack up in the garage, but they just might have to wait if the weather gets real good, I will be out riding !
I would never in a million years installed heated grips on one of my bikes. Now that I have them......What a difference.

Old 04-25-2010 | 02:39 PM
QQVEPY
Intermediate

I've been riding for nearly 30 years and my Limited is by far the nicest bike to ride. It has good power and a nice ride. This is the first my wife would ride (she was afraid of falling off). I get 40 mpg in a daily mix of city/hwy to and from work. I've added comfort and show extras and have left the power stock.

Old 04-25-2010 | 03:09 PM
mpstefan
Intermediate

Hi,
the Limited is a great Bike... i like it more and more with every mile i ride it...

Quick Reply: 2010 Ultra Limited riders.................