Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Ultra Limited riders.................

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010 | 06:46 PM
hardwork2
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by GAZippoman
I haven't done any performance mods yet, but I was wondering....

stock specs as listed on HD's website:

Engine Torque8 (per SAE J1349):
o North America 102 ft. lbs. @ 3500 rpm (138.29 Nm @ 3500 rpm)

Why did you lose torque with your performance mods? I would have assumed an increase in torque...
You know the only excuse I can come up with is they put everything on it when brand new and maybe they didn't get a perfect run since everything was new and stiff. I will find out this saturday and report back. I figure they will put it back on the dyno. don't know

Old 03-31-2010 | 07:45 PM
dlrshort
Road Captain

I love the limited comfort and ride. I went from a '09 Street glide to the cherry/ merlot Limited. Very disappointed with the stock 103. I had harley do a Stage II on the street glide and it was much better than the Limited. Just did the Big Sucker, PC V, python slipons and cam. It pulls much better but having a little fuel issue.

Old 03-31-2010 | 08:48 PM
red.heritage
Cruiser

Originally Posted by hardwork2
You know the only excuse I can come up with is they put everything on it when brand new and maybe they didn't get a perfect run since everything was new and stiff. I will find out this saturday and report back. I figure they will put it back on the dyno. don't know
Actually, the MoCo numbers are at the crank and the dyno numbers are at the rear wheel.

Old 03-31-2010 | 09:12 PM
bradsULtd
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by red.heritage
Actually, the MoCo numbers are at the crank and the dyno numbers are at the rear wheel.
+1 on #'s at the crank...there's some "driveline" loss...

Old 04-01-2010 | 04:32 AM
hardwork2
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by red.heritage
OK that explains that. So is 95 tq at the rear wheel acceptable? My Son in Law rode it and came back with the biggest smile on his face reporting that it pulls like a mule. I just smile. oh yea.

Old 04-01-2010 | 09:28 AM
RoadKingLou
Cruiser

Trading my 09 Street Glide on Friday for the 2010 Ultra with the Black and Blue Ice

Old 04-01-2010 | 06:56 PM
Buszzbait
Tourer

Originally Posted by RoadKingLou
Trading my 09 Street Glide on Friday for the 2010 Ultra with the Black and Blue Ice
That's a sick color. I saw it on a delivered UL and wanted it. Got the Scarlet Red/Black..I just noticed the gold pinstripe between the colors a couple days after I got it

Old 04-18-2010 | 08:16 PM
Noego
Stage I
Default Well I am making the move.

hey Folks...I just joined. I rode for years but it has been some time. I want to get the one bike and that in my mind is the Electra Glide Ultra Limited. So sweet. I am just deciding colours now.

This is one heavy bike! Wow.
Any road tips with this unit? Any issues that occur that I can have a heads up on ?
Frankly I was looking at a GW Honda..I drive Acura and had Hondas and they are reliable as hell...but when I saw the GullWing..I just thought it looked like a Luggage commercial on wheels..Not a bike.. The Harley ...is soooo sweet.

Just chime in... I can't wait...seasonal riding where I am from.

Lou
Calgary Canada.

Old 04-18-2010 | 09:07 PM
2010 ultra man
Tourer
Talking Yambo

I ride a 2010 ultra limited FLHTK Red/Black. I Bought it late last fall. Jamie at FUEL-MOTO tuned it for me. New head pipe(no more cat), Dynojet PC-V, Jackpot baffles, woods TW6-6 cams and fuel moto S.E. stage 1 air cleaner, new map and dyno tuned. Everything is documented at fuelmotousa.com. The bike was good stock but I went from 69 H.P. to 100H.P. I now have 6800 miles on it and love it. p.s. I would recommend Fuel-moto to my own grandmother, they will not do you wrong. This is just my opinion. There are many great shops out there,so if you are considering a "tune-up" I wish you the best of luck.

Old 04-25-2010 | 06:00 AM
motoscooter
Stage II
Default Do it!

I am new to the forum and new to the world of an Ultra Classic. I rented a '10 Ultra(96cu) and fell over myself when I took it out. Came back home, sold my Sportie and two weeks later, signed a deal on the Merlot Limited. If you are thinking about it, DO IT! I tell you why because they probably won't last long. I know the Merlot will be ending soon, only 2 left in the state here. Not getting anymore either. There was 3 and me and another guy were racing the clock to put our deposit in on it.

Grab your keys and your wallet and sign on the dotted line! No regrets!

Quick Reply: 2010 Ultra Limited riders.................