Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Ultra Limited riders.................

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010 | 06:51 AM
FLS2FLH
Tourer

Originally Posted by arkeglide
Did your dealer re-map your bike after installing the slip ons? I take delivery of my new FLHTK Red on Black next week. My last bike had a 95ci with a thunderheader so the UL seems REAL quite to me. I am shopping for some slips ons after I get it broke in. It will have to be on budget, the UL cost enough already.
Nope - no remap was required. Granted I've only got 100 miles on the bike but everything feels pretty normal. I'm gathering some more info on these slip ons - I saw this thread which is quite interesting. I need to understand this a little more...

http://www.*****************/forums/ex...eet-glide.html

I gather that the SE's are made by Supertrapp and that they are 'tuneable' per se. The other influencing factor to the exhaust note is the catalytic converter.

I wonder if anyone reading this has modified the SE slip-ons with the 'kit' referenced in the above thread?

Old 03-09-2010 | 09:13 AM
FLS2FLH
Tourer

Did a little more reading and as far as I can tell, it's only the NightStick and Fatshotz slip ons that can be 'tuned' with the kit from Supertrapp.

Old 03-09-2010 | 08:22 PM
Yambo
|
Advanced

explain - ltd

Old 03-09-2010 | 10:38 PM
UltraRiderLee
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hdskier
Just got my limited,stock exhaust seams louder than what my 07 FTHTC came with. This bike rocks and dollar for dollar I thing it's cheaper than an Ultra. First ride home using heated hand grips 40 degrees thin gloves, heat set to 2, my hande were cooking. I love the bike.
have to agree with you that the Limited is cheaper than the Ultra by the time you add-on all the goodies. Picked my LTD up on February 20th and rides like a dream. Rode in 30 degree weather and the heated grips kept me warm on the 3 (6 max) setting. This is the best (IMO) touring bike Harley has ever made.

Old 03-24-2010 | 10:15 PM
Snagged
2nd Gear

Went to the Limited from an '08 Roadking, stage 1, Bub 7's. Can't believe how much more "grunt" there is with the 103. You can really feel the bigger lungs at highway speed.

Also agree to try the stock exhaust for a while before you switch. I had Rush slip-ons installed before I ever heard the stock exhaust - maybe a mistake from some of the stock exhausts I've heard since getting mine in early August. The Rush's sound good at highway speed but not a lot of sound at idle or around town ridiing.

I agree with the other posts on satisfaction especially the handling. The bike wants to run. Seems like the sweet spot is 5 to 8 mph higher when riding two up than my Roadking.

Have I said enough?

Old 03-24-2010 | 11:12 PM
Buszzbait
Tourer

Newbe here, I was about to pull the trigger on the 2010 Ultra Classic, but now after reading this thread I'm wondering if I should step up. Dealer send the PO to the credit union a couple days ago. I been to busy working, haven't had time yet to pick up the check and sign papers....It's not to late to change my mind!! I'm already making a mess of myself anyways. I started with the Road Glide with a check in hand and changed my mind and took the check back. Help me out here!

Old 03-24-2010 | 11:40 PM
sealbeachbum
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Buszzbait
Newbe here, I was about to pull the trigger on the 2010 Ultra Classic, but now after reading this thread I'm wondering if I should step up. Dealer send the PO to the credit union a couple days ago. I been to busy working, haven't had time yet to pick up the check and sign papers....It's not to late to change my mind!! I'm already making a mess of myself anyways. I started with the Road Glide with a check in hand and changed my mind and took the check back. Help me out here!
There is no choice here! The Limited's sticker price is $3000 more than the Ultra but what you get for that 3 grand is priceless! My Limited is by far the best Harley I have ever ridden! It is powerful, handles the twisties like a sport bike, and is more comfortable than my Lazyboy in my living room!

Old 03-25-2010 | 11:00 AM
GAZippoman
Road Captain

The only people that you hear that say the Ltd isn't worth the extra $ vs the UC are UC owners.

I've put 6000 miles on mine since picking it up in the end of December and it's all I could ask for. I'm still thinking about changing out the pipes mufflers a/c and tuning it, but STILL don't know if it's going to help enough to be worth the $ and time.

Old 03-25-2010 | 12:44 PM
HOGNOT
Tourer

Anyone know the HP and TQ numbers for a 2010 UC versus a 2010 Limited?

VR

Old 03-25-2010 | 08:32 PM
Buszzbait
Tourer

Didn't take much to talk me into it!! I'm a proud new Ultra Limited owner. Couldn't ride it home today due to weather. Hoping we don't get to much snow tonight! Suppose to be real nice tomorrow and the weekend too. Kinda feels like luve!
Thanks to all that shared your experience with the Limited.

Quick Reply: 2010 Ultra Limited riders.................