Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Ultra Limited riders.................

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010 | 10:05 PM
scarygt
Road Master

Originally Posted by SATCHMO 1960
Love my new Limited. I had an 07 Electra Glide Classic before this one..NIGHT & DAY !!!!! Just need some weather to get some more miles on this one. This w/e suppose to be close to 50 so YES I'm going riding. I know I will have to wash the heck out of the Blue Streak when done since there is salt dust everywhere, but I have to get out and ride. Saw on one of the post here about this bike having a compression release. Is this true ?? I don't believe the Limited does
I'll be out and about on Saturday... hoping that it does reach 50 (that would be great). Probably leaving around 10am and making a day out of it.

Ride safe dude!

Old 03-03-2010 | 10:07 PM
scarygt
Road Master

Originally Posted by ltdan
Greetings from Gahanna. I was hoping for rain before sat. to clear some of the salt, but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen. Trying to get some of the boys together for a ride on saturday anyway, 45 and sunny! I've got 1100 on mine, only got one ride in since I put the Fuel Moto package on. Fantastic bike though.
I'm heading through Fort Ancient and towards the Ohio side of the Ohio River. Where are you folks heading?

Plus.. I'd love to hear about the PCV and Fuelmoto setup that you got. How does the bike run with it?

Talk with you soon, Ralph

Old 03-03-2010 | 10:12 PM
scarygt
Road Master

Originally Posted by Yambo
Great comments back from you Ultra Limit riders - thx.

Dealers in my area are not moving off the price on UL bikes. Called four different dealers they are all sticking together - list price.

Would like to hear more on stock pipes versus name brand some of you UL riders are going to. Are the stock pipes being removed before leaving the dealer for that first mile or at what mileage on the bike.
I do the first 1000 or more miles and then change out the exhaust. I have the Vance and Hines Dresser Duals waiting to go on. Not sure what mufflers I want this time.. last time it was ThunderHeader muffs, but maybe Rineharts this time. Or maybe the VH High Output Mufflers.

You could do your pipes prior to break in, but if you get a dyno tune they won't be able to do the complete tune because they won't be able to open the throttle up all of the way. You'd have to go back after the first 1k miles and have them finish the tune.

Enjoy your bike, Ralph

Old 03-04-2010 | 11:24 AM
h01waterman
Cruiser

With the catalytic converter in place the slip on mufflers will not increase the sound level too much. It appears that this device has some muffle qualities on its own. I just put my Rineharts on and they picked up the volume a little but it is still fairly tame as far as "noise" levels go.

Time for a train horn.....

Old 03-07-2010 | 07:47 PM
hdskier
6th Gear
Default Stock Exhaust

Just got my limited,stock exhaust seams louder than what my 07 FTHTC came with. This bike rocks and dollar for dollar I thing it's cheaper than an Ultra. First ride home using heated hand grips 40 degrees thin gloves, heat set to 2, my hande were cooking. I love the bike.

Old 03-07-2010 | 08:08 PM
FLS2FLH
Tourer

I had the dealer throw on the SE Street Performance Slip Ons prior to my picking up my Limited. Kinda think that was a bit of a waste - they are slightly more pleasing sounding than stock but not by much. Couldn't tell you if they make any difference power wise.

Old 03-07-2010 | 08:45 PM
arkeglide
Advanced

Originally Posted by FLS2FLH
I had the dealer throw on the SE Street Performance Slip Ons prior to my picking up my Limited. Kinda think that was a bit of a waste - they are slightly more pleasing sounding than stock but not by much. Couldn't tell you if they make any difference power wise.
Did your dealer re-map your bike after installing the slip ons? I take delivery of my new FLHTK Red on Black next week. My last bike had a 95ci with a thunderheader so the UL seems REAL quite to me. I am shopping for some slips ons after I get it broke in. It will have to be on budget, the UL cost enough already.

Old 03-07-2010 | 09:52 PM
Chuck Guitar
Advanced

"It's like sittin in an east chair, strapped to the hood of a cadillac, goin' down the road at 60 miles an hour."...CGM

Old 03-07-2010 | 10:12 PM
ltdan
Cruiser

Originally Posted by scarygt
I'm heading through Fort Ancient and towards the Ohio side of the Ohio River. Where are you folks heading?

Plus.. I'd love to hear about the PCV and Fuelmoto setup that you got. How does the bike run with it?

Talk with you soon, Ralph
Got out today, only a little over 40 miles though. Bike runs and sounds great with the Fuel Moto setup and PC V. No clue as to fuel mileage yet.

Old 03-07-2010 | 10:36 PM
Gusltd
Cruiser

Wonderful bike, wish i would have traded the king in a few years earlier. I ditched the whole factory headers and replaced with the bub7 tdx. The bike sounds as it should when twisting the wick but very quiet at idle and cruising. I also did the a/c and the pcv and the bike runs great. This bike truly is a poor mans cvo. Very nice options and i really like the paint jobs on these as opposed to the standard ultra. Spend the extra dough and get the ltd, you will not be dissapointed!

Quick Reply: 2010 Ultra Limited riders.................