Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My version of a CVO Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010 | 08:57 AM
2tall67
|
6th Gear

Thanks for all the comments. I am with you guys on the Fugly thing, and btw as was said, proper spelling where I am from is Pfugly, lol. This is my first Road Glide, I have had all Batwings prior and I still have my 08 SE Ultra. Wasn't sure about road glides but remembered how nice it was when I was younger to have the fairing on the frame with the Gold Wings I rode back in the 80's. I always felt that setup handled the wind buffeting well and didn't pass it to handlebars like the fork mounted fairings. Road Glides really do right smoothly as a result of that. Like you guys though, I wasn't sure about the looks so wanted one that overcame that. Still a work in progress as I plan to do wheels and a few small things yet.

A couple answers and additional details.

The front turn signals were eliminated using the black/smoked Illumabezel from cyclevision. Link: http://www.cyclevisions.com/road-rod...d-lens-cv4852/
The rear fender is a custom buildup from two fenders.
You'll also notice that the front crash bar is gone to clean that up. Front fender is not lowered, but front shocks and rear end are lowered 1" like the factory CVO
We fabricated a bracket to hold the lower fairing to the frame to replace the stock crash bar setup.
We sent the heads out to Vegas to the original Diamond Cut guy. He's the only one that does it that I am aware of. It was $500.
Pipes are Samson Big Radius and they sound great. I think the sound is way better than the Rinehart True Duals on my Ultra. Plus I like the looks of the clean rear with nothing coming through the bags.

Old 02-28-2010 | 09:05 AM
cbears
Road Warrior

Damm, that is a sweet looking ride!!! The mix of black and chrome is perfect IMO. Great job!

Old 02-28-2010 | 09:06 AM
Crusty_SERG
Intermediate

Nice ride... got super-stealth tail lights, or am I missing something?

Old 02-28-2010 | 09:10 AM
2tall67
|
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Crusty_SERG
Nice ride... got super-stealth tail lights, or am I missing something?
Yup, the taillight and turn signals are HiTech LED units frenched and smoked so they disappear when not on. The turn signals are in the lower part of the fillers on either side of the fender.

Old 02-28-2010 | 09:23 AM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Razorback
Reeely Nice,...but Daag it, enough already with the fine looking Road Glides.

la la la la, I'm not looking...

Repeat to self

"I'm happy with my Road King, I'm happy with my Road King."
+1!! LMAO!

Old 02-28-2010 | 09:36 AM
snistrflht
Intermediate

Thats baddass man ,,nice job

Old 02-28-2010 | 09:39 AM
lp johnny
Road Captain

That looks really cool!

Last edited by lp johnny; 02-28-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-28-2010 | 11:28 AM
neano62
Tourer

Very Sharp! What did your bike Dyno out @? What size and what kind of Wheels are ya thinkn of? roadglide.org, there is nothn but glides at this site.I hope your going with at least a 21" wheel up front.

Old 02-28-2010 | 11:33 AM
SBJJC
Banned

Very sweet indeed. Everytime i think i have almost finished with my EGUC and am ready for the paint job, i see something lese i wont.... will the madness ever end??????

Old 02-28-2010 | 11:41 AM
yank
Cruiser
Default sweet

You did good. that is one good looking bike. even with the stock rims it looks great!

Quick Reply: My version of a CVO Road Glide