Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Ultra Classic versus 09 Electra Glide Standard?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 11:05 AM
heinkel150
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the Road Zep a lot. It is comfy for both rider and passenger. It raises you up a bit which I needed as I am 6 ft 2.5" so I used to get cramps using the stock seat. You can adjust it down and up though so it will fit most riders.

You are correct in that the Zumo 550 has bluetooth but you need a Mic input to the stock Harley system and you HAVE to be on AUX to hear the phone ring.

The Harley system is nice in that it is voice controlled and interrupts whatever audio stream you are listening to automatically. The PTT switch on the LH controls answers a call and you can make a call by saying select name and saying dial. You also see the number on the Radio system on the bike and it has to be heard to be believed. People cannot tell that you are on a bike. It is WAY WAY better sound quality than my Nokia 616 bluetooth car kit fitted to the jeep about which people are always complaining.

As far as using the cruise control in the Swiss Alps is concerned, it surely will not be used there, but considering we have 2000 Km of motorway there and back, I think it will be a godsend.

Regarding satellite radio, here in Euro land it is is a poor cousin to what you have in the states and not worth the cost for the moment.

My final observations on the big eagle are that this is a very capable long distance two up cruiser.

I recently had a Goldwing (2002 GL 1800) out for a run and I must say I disliked it as it felt underpowered and I kept running out of gears. I suspect it was largely my fault and due to the difference between a big V twin with a mountain of torque and a flat 6 which really needs to be revved to get it to go.

You would need a few days to get used to the Wing to really decide if it was for you. I also found the seat height way too low for me. My pillion loved it though as she had all the room in the world back there.

Anyone have both? How do they compare? Wife loves the Wing, I love the Harley.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:21 PM
sandpa
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did this in 08. But went with the standard, added the chrome engine parts for about $759, Street Glide tri light and curved plate holder and this is my bike and could not be happier. Either way you will be riding a new Harley to you !!