Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Ultra Classic versus 09 Electra Glide Standard?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 04:02 AM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats!

Old 03-11-2010, 06:02 AM
nchogfan
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nvsteve
Congrats. Just an FYI, your 07 has the EITMS also. It just needs to be activated by the dealer. At the time it was done free of charge and deleted once free of charge.
Most people I know did not activate it as stage 1 and a good tune was enough.

Fill me in. What is this EITMS you speak of??

Thanks

Old 03-11-2010, 07:04 AM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by nchogfan
Fill me in. What is this EITMS you speak of??

Thanks
Puts the motor in "parade" mode when it overheats in traffic. Shuts off fuel to the rear cylinder at idle to cool it off.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:30 AM
Kevin's_09FXDF
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07FLHT
I have an 07 E-glide Standard, that I now consider an "Ultra Standard" & I love the bike. However, when you add up all the "stuff" I have for and/or have done too this bike I have a "E-Glide Standard that looks like an Ultra at the cost of a SE E-Glide with the trade-in/resale value of a Standard".
It's nice to do things just the way you want them, but there is a cost to that for sure! My next bike will be an Ultra.
Good Luck! Dave
Thats funny I did the exact opposite i bought a 07 Standard turned "ultra" and stripped it down to a "Ghetto glide" Standard

Before

After

Old 03-11-2010, 08:49 AM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin's_09FXDF
Thats funny I did the exact opposite i bought a 07 Standard turned "ultra" and stripped it down to a "Ghetto glide" Standard

Before

After
Very Nice!! I just found the older I get & the more time I have to ride I'm lik'in the creature comforts of the Ultra. Heck, I recently even put on a "real" windshield thats a whole 9" tall! Plus, all is detatchable so in less than 10 min. could look similar to yours.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member
Received 389 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by heinkel150
Well, I plumped for the 07 Ultra Classic and could not be happier! What a bike. Gorgeous to look at, gorgeous to ride, sounds fab and goes just great.... Harley Heaven!.........

........This one will be heading to France, Germany and Switzerland in August / September so will be well tested over the Swiss mountain passes.

Thanks to all.

Dave
Hey Dave, congratulations! BTW please post some pics this Summer during one of your rides in the Swiss passes. We don't get to see many pictures from there.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:28 AM
heinkel150
Intermediate

Congrats. Just an FYI, your 07 has the EITMS also. It just needs to be activated by the dealer. At the time it was done free of charge and deleted once free of charge.
Most people I know did not activate it as stage 1 and a good tune was enough.
That sounds really good to me as I was under the impression you had to have a fly by wire system so that you could roll the throttle forward to engage or disengage the EITMS, but perhaps this was a later addition so that users could engage / disengage it as needed?

So, all I have to do is get my dealer to enable EITMS and it should be fine? I won't be able to switch it off but I don't mind that as I'd rather keep the engine cool to be honest.

I am going to keep her stock for now, as I am weird and like a quiet bike, (so do the French police I am told) and the fuel consumption is excellent as it is.

The 6 speed taller gears should really work well in France (130 Km/h) and Germany (???) on the motorways as I find even in Ireland, at motorway speeds (120Km/h here) the 00 Ultra was revving quite high.

Thanks for the tip off, I'll visit dealer shortly to get this done.

BTW, anyone ever in Ireland, Waterford Harley Davidson is excellent. You won't find a better bunch of guys anywhere. They are really interested in giving good service and are as friendly a bunch as you'd meet.

Will post pics of the Swiss Passes for sure. Have a look at the Grimsel, Susten and St Bernard passes.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:57 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Yes, if the dealer will agree to do it as this was offered only on the 07s several years ago.
Keep in mind that it's really only going to work when you are in stop and go traffic on a hot day.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:45 AM
heinkel150
Intermediate
Default No joy with EITMS at dealer.

Yes, if the dealer will agree to do it as this was offered only on the 07s several years ago.
Keep in mind that it's really only going to work when you are in stop and go traffic on a hot day.
I took the scoot to local dealer today and we plugged it into his diagnostics. There seemed to be no setting for EITMS on his system, or if there was, we could not find it.
We went through all the diagnostic pages and could see things like the exhaust system enable / disable, engine idle settings, 1 fault code for the stereo and a load of other items.
I wonder if this was a US version only option? My bike is a 5HD VIN number not a 1HD meaning it is a European model.
Dealer did say he has seen it on the CVO bikes alright, but never on the standard Ultra Classic.
Any ideas on how I would find out definitively or can it be retro fitted? I'll probably just take the easy route and fit the fan to be honest along with the frame deflectors.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:53 AM
heinkel150
Intermediate
Default Helmet Camera??

Originally Posted by Ridewva
Hey Dave, congratulations! BTW please post some pics this Summer during one of your rides in the Swiss passes. We don't get to see many pictures from there.
Your post got me thinking: Does anyone know of a decent Helmet or on-bike video system that does not cost a second mortgage and still gives reasonable quality? It does not have to be broadcast quality by any means, but I would like to be able to take some video with the guys while on the road and over a reasonable length of time, perhaps 1 or 2 hours worth.
I know most systems use a handheld video camera with a helmet cam plugged into the AV in port, but my question is about the actual camera used. Does anyone know a good make?

Quick Reply: 07 Ultra Classic versus 09 Electra Glide Standard?