Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanted HD Profile front springs, dealership installed Progressives

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010 | 05:15 PM
Gizmo83
|
Road Master
Default Wanted HD Profile front springs, dealership installed Progressives

Just like the title said, I had requested the dealership lower the front. I must not have specifically stated I wanted the HD Profile springs. I went to pick the bike up and noticed there was a Progressive box laying next to the bike. They installed Progressive front springs PN 10-1561 (with Part Number 77-1561 written on the box with a pen). They say it's 1" lower than stock just like the Profile but will ride lots better. The rear shocks are the stock low FLTRX/FLHX air shocks. He claims he used the parts to lower the front the 1" and not the 2".

Is it normal to run these front springs with the stock lowered FLTRX suspension? The bike is definitely lower in the front, and maybe it's just my mind playing tricks on me but it seems like the front is significantly lower than the rear. Would the Profile springs have given the same stance/feeling?

Old 02-26-2010 | 06:04 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Gizmo83
Just like the title said, I had requested the dealership lower the front. I must not have specifically stated I wanted the HD Profile springs. I went to pick the bike up and noticed there was a Progressive box laying next to the bike. They installed Progressive front springs PN 10-1561 (with Part Number 77-1561 written on the box with a pen). They say it's 1" lower than stock just like the Profile but will ride lots better. The rear shocks are the stock low FLTRX/FLHX air shocks. He claims he used the parts to lower the front the 1" and not the 2".

Is it normal to run these front springs with the stock lowered FLTRX suspension? The bike is definitely lower in the front, and maybe it's just my mind playing tricks on me but it seems like the front is significantly lower than the rear. Would the Profile springs have given the same stance/feeling?
I can tell ya this, I have the HD lowering springs (1") and a buddy has Progressive lowering (1"). Mine feels mushy & bottoms out, his feels firm but not harsh & never bottoms out. His SG, mine e-glide w/ 12" SG shocks. If I was doing it again, I'd go w/ Progressive. My 2 cents.
Dave

Last edited by 07FLHT; 02-26-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old 02-26-2010 | 06:32 PM
honorsdaddy
Road Master

Originally Posted by Gizmo83

The profile springs would have given the same look. I suspect its a purely visual thing - you can of course confirm this by measuring the front of yours compared to an unaltered one.

Other than that - i wouldn't complain. Sounds like your dealership knows the HD springs are crap and was avoiding a future complaint. The Progressives are less expensive too.

Old 02-26-2010 | 08:02 PM
Gizmo83
|
Road Master

Yeah, I was surprised to see that the Prog's were less expensive for sure.