Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tourpack, to get or not to get that is the question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 07:19 AM
bennenrkc
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tourpack, to get or not to get that is the question.

With the discounts that we know and love bieng drawn into question regarding their existance I have been trying to do all the upgrading that I can.

I Have an 09 road king classic, and I have done limited touring with my t-bag universal expandable bag (I think that is the model that I have????) But have seen the Leather tourpack on several other bikes and like the looks of them. I also wouldnt mind a king tourpack. But before I spend the $$$ I would like to know other peoples opinions.

Can I haul more with the tourpacs or with the T-bag? and I guess in my position would the money be worth it?

Old 02-26-2010, 07:24 AM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I never leave home without mine. I think you pack more in a King TP than a T bag. You can also lock it, and its water proof.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:29 AM
smat45
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 08 SG and have the detach pac...but like most guys will say...once you put it on...it rarely comes off. It's just too easy to throw all your stuff in there. I guess it depends what kind of riding you plan on doing? I like mine...

Nice looking scoot you got there...

smat

Old 02-26-2010, 07:29 AM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Both, I use a tourpac with a rack, and strap my "take into the room bag" to the top of it.
Works for me.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:33 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

If you want it no reason you shouldn't get it.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:35 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Had the Detach King Tour Pack on my 08 EGS and it was great for the long haul I was one of the rare ones that only used it for that purpose .. With Patience found one on Ebay for a great price and even matched in color as well ..

Old 02-26-2010, 07:38 AM
Apex Rider
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a T-Bag,Route 66.Last Spring I put a King Tourpack on and really like it.

The TP has more capacity than a Route 66 T-Bag.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:25 AM
testifer
Road Master

i had the same road king you have now..i was going to do the same thing, add a pack. the king looks like **** with the leather bags, and the leather pack to me was a waste because it doent lock, and i dont like the look of it...sits to high or something. takes away from the look of the rkc. then i was going to get the painted saddle bags then get a tour pack so i said screw it, i am not investing 2 grand on this bike to make it a real touring bike and i traded it in and bought the eg....my mistake was i loved the look of the rkc, but i drove 2 many miles a year with long trips ect..thats why i got rid of it. if you love the bike, contine using yout t bag and leave it alone. i had the kury full dresser bag and it was great. good luck

Old 02-26-2010, 08:30 AM
twodollarbill
Road Warrior

My winter "hide-the-cash" project was a detachable King Tour Pak with a chopped pad and rack for the SG.
I've become spoiled with Tour Paks and when you price out a sissy bar, backrest and luggage rack....heck that runs over $500 anyway.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:37 AM
Blue Duck
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took advantage of the winter sales and put a leather tourpak on my RKC. I have not taken a long trip with it as of yet but look forward to one this spring. I must admit it has been nice being able to go places like the grocery store and cleaners on the bike and have the space to carry stuff.

Quick Reply: Tourpack, to get or not to get that is the question.