Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tourpack, to get or not to get that is the question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 05:55 PM
krazy3
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by smat45
I have a 08 SG and have the detach pac...but like most guys will say...once you put it on...it rarely comes off. It's just too easy to throw all your stuff in there. I guess it depends what kind of riding you plan on doing? I like mine...

Nice looking scoot you got there...

smat

Get the tour pak

Old 02-26-2010, 05:57 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

My first tourpack was on my '86 Classic, in 1985. It took me all of about 15 minutes to get totally spoiled to it. Haven't been without one in 25 years. ..... I even have a small one on my Sportster, along with hard bags!

Old 02-26-2010, 06:07 PM
SixSixRider
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First put a tourpak on my '06 Road King and like other got VERY spoiled and never took it off or been without one since. This was the very first accessory I added to my new '09 Road Glide. My wife moved to an '09 Street Glide last fall and seeing how convenience my tourpak was, she asked me to put one on during the off-season. Get the tourpak.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:17 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had one on my last E-glide. This bike doesn't have one and I miss it big time. Next purchases will be a seat and a tour-pac. I never took it off my last bike. I used it everyday.
I am thinking on one like Q Hog has but chopped with the big passenger back rest.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:46 PM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I asked the same question a couple weeks ago and ended up making the order. My saddlebags have plenty of room, but I wanted something for extra stuff on trip and to carry a FF helmet on longer trips in case I run into weather.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:21 PM
bennenrkc
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the insight now I just need to figure out how to talk the OL into letting me spring for it. It really suprises me I figured that she would love to have more space. I would love more space as well as the ability to give her some armrests to help hold her in as she has a tendancy to doze off.

And to do it right I need the king tourpack, the mount and the rack for the top of the tourpack is their anything I am missing?

Old 02-27-2010, 10:03 AM
flhxkiller
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm waiting till the MOCO comes out with black latches and hinges along with a black tourpack mount for my SG before I spend all that money..I don't want to have to pay to powdercoat the chrome stuff thats available now.

Old 02-27-2010, 10:23 AM
FloridaFLHX
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

One more get-the-tour-pack recommendation. Mine is detachable. I like the look of my FLHX without, but leave it on 80% of the time. Just too convenient to keep all of my stuff in there, and to be able to lock helmets in there. Wife is really comfortable and secure when she rides. Worth it, IMHO. Might want to check out the light kit, too. Clean tour pak or lights is another decision. It just goes on and on.

Old 02-27-2010, 10:32 AM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

I've had one for over a year. Used it for a week for the Sturgis run and that's it. Don't need it for daily use. I can get pretty much anything I want to carry in the saddle bags or attached to the passenger backrest or rack with bungies.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:26 AM
Jerm21
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here's another vote to get it...

when I got my FLHTC, my plans were to put the quick detach kit on, as I love the cleaner looks without it… well, after riding it for a week with it on I could not imagine life without it.

Quick Reply: Tourpack, to get or not to get that is the question.