Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tourpack, to get or not to get that is the question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 09:50 AM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I would be the exception.

Not that I don't like my chopped TP, but it has spent more time in my garage than on my bike. I love how it has the backrest with the solo seat and with the GA relocator, it puts the backrest in perfect position. I never really planned on taking long trips on my bike with it, just when I needed the extra room. I definately would have bought stretched bags and fender with that $$$$. That's what I should have done!

Old 02-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Scubamike
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I put a quick detach tour pak on my 09 SG and it rarely comes off, I love having the extra room to lock my helmet and leathers in. Its great if you want to run errands and pick up whatever there is room and it locks. I guess it depends on how you use your bike and if you take long trips with it. I now having one would not be without it.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:36 PM
TitoFTW
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got the detachable king tour-pak set up for my 09 SG. It goes on for long trips and when I know my old lady will end up buying a bunch of ****. It rarely goes on for around town, but it works great for long trips for work when I need to take a garment bag for my suit to wear to meetings.
I think it all boils down to if you're really going to use it or not. If you are then it's definately worth the money. If your honestly not really gonna need it then save your money.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:51 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I went with the detachable chopped tourpak, and didn't really think I'd use it too much. Now, it seems it never comes off the bike. It's just so convenient to have everything you need in a waterproof and safe environment. I too strap the bag on the rack when I need extra luggage, but I'm really glad I went with it.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:53 PM
TxMongrel
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a used king tour pak with detachable hardware on ebay. It came with the deluxe rack, liner and pouch. Haven't taken it off since and my wife loves it on rides! During the week I can lock up my helmet, jacket, gloves etc. Total money spent was about $750, but I did my own paint matching and electrical. Alot more stable than expandable bags, which I've had come loose.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:00 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by Scubamike
I love having the extra room to lock my helmet and leathers in. Its great if you want to run errands and pick up whatever there is room and it locks.
..... having the detach kit makes having a King TP a no brainer. If you want the cruiser look you can have it, when you need the storage (which you'll find is more & more often) you can't beat it. Since installing the light bar w/ turn signals, I haven't taken it off but to clean.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:01 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 188 Posts

I sure like my tourpack. I only put it one the bike when I take a trip or when my wife wants to ride (which is almost never). But when I need it, I really like it and glad I bought it.

Beary

Old 02-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I just ordered a leather tour pak with locks. Looking forward to have some extra storage when on trips

Old 02-26-2010, 05:13 PM
D2R
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Loved my leather tour pack on the '07 RKC that I had.The quick detach.was probably a waste of money for me,never took it off except to wash the bike.The locks would be nice and I would have mounted a rack on the lid had I kept the RK but decided I needed a bat wing with all the audio.I think the leather looks great on the classic,just have to treat the leather once in awhile.I had 21kmi. on it and the bags looked like new.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Q Hog
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my detachable T/P. Like BigSky, I havent taken it off since I attached it.

Quick Reply: Tourpack, to get or not to get that is the question.