Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Merlot and cherry owners rejoice. (I hope)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010 | 04:47 AM
hardwork2
|
Road Warrior
Default Merlot and cherry owners rejoice. (I hope)

Stopped by the dealer my salesman told me there would be no more merlot and cherry paint jobs. what is out there is it. If someone wants one they'll have to get a dealer swap. If one can be found. He also said it had been the quickest to sell out in the models that were offered. I don't know this to be true but it is what he said.

Old 02-26-2010 | 06:23 AM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

I bet the Root Beer sold out quickly too,, if not quicker!

Old 02-26-2010 | 06:32 AM
nextorion
Cruiser

I thought that may be the case. In the summer/early fall, I saw the red/black and one of the blue/black combinations all over the east coast and in Vegas. From Oct to about a month ago, all I seemed to see was the melot/cherry. I have only seen one red/black that has not sold, all the blue blacks (both combos) seem to be gone, and now all of the merlots seem to have disappeared too. What I'm seeing now are the white/black ice everywhere. I would have thought they would continue to make all the colors, but perhaps they do them in batches and when they are done, that's it. If so, hope everyone can get the color that they wanted. Got mine early with recall on the tank now and the higher seat, but at least I have the color I wanted.

Old 02-26-2010 | 07:58 PM
akodust
Tourer

the rootbeer sold out much quicker ditto.....

Old 02-26-2010 | 08:53 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by nextorion
I thought that may be the case. In the summer/early fall, I saw the red/black and one of the blue/black combinations all over the east coast and in Vegas. From Oct to about a month ago, all I seemed to see was the melot/cherry. I have only seen one red/black that has not sold, all the blue blacks (both combos) seem to be gone, and now all of the merlots seem to have disappeared too. What I'm seeing now are the white/black ice everywhere. I would have thought they would continue to make all the colors, but perhaps they do them in batches and when they are done, that's it. If so, hope everyone can get the color that they wanted. Got mine early with recall on the tank now and the higher seat, but at least I have the color I wanted.
Yes, Nextorion, that is what they do. Make them in "Batches" say from Jan-Mar, Jul-Oct,, ect.... "Custom Colors"

Old 02-26-2010 | 09:32 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Why rejoice?

Old 02-26-2010 | 09:37 PM
kromdom
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Why rejoice?
Maybe because it becomes rare? However, nothing can stop anyone from getting a bike repainted that color though

Old 02-26-2010 | 09:52 PM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior

Well, I don't know about the limited edition colors. All I know is I fell in love with the Red Hot Sunglow/Smokey Gold and that's what I wound up buying, even thought red was way down my list when I first started looking. It's a color combo they didn't have until 09 and it's a color combo that wasn't carried over in 2010. Works for me!

Ride Safe,
Steve R.

Old 02-26-2010 | 09:57 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Intrepid175
All I know is I fell in love with the Red Hot Sunglow/Smokey Gold ..... Works for me! .
........ that is a great lookin' combination

Old 02-26-2010 | 10:32 PM
Chief40al
Road Captain

Mine is due in next week, may the end of the run.

Quick Reply: Merlot and cherry owners rejoice. (I hope)