Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How does the Roadglide handle compared to bat wing

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 01:44 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default How does the Roadglide handle compared to bat wing

Ive heard they handle completely differnt, but have never ridden a road glide.

Old 07-28-2006, 02:35 PM
V2 Bagger
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How does the Roadglide handle compared to bat wing

Go rent one for a day and see for yourself. Thats what I did. It satisfied my curiosity and I'll keep my Bat Wing.

Old 07-28-2006, 02:36 PM
MACK
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

IT DOES HAVE A RADIO.

Old 07-28-2006, 02:50 PM
bucs012
Road Master

Is the Street Glide called the Bat Wing? If so, I test drove a Street Glide and a Road Glide last weekend. Picked up my new 07 Road Glide, Yesterday. I liked how it road much better. I will admit you see TONS more Street Glides on the road so most people must prefer the way they ride. Nothing again them, I just personally like the Road Glide.

Old 07-28-2006, 02:58 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bucs012

Is the Street Glide called the Bat Wing? If so, I test drove a Street Glide and a Road Glide last weekend. Picked up my new 07 Road Glide, Yesterday. I liked how it road much better. I will admit you see TONS more Street Glides on the road so most people must prefer the way they ride. Nothing again them, I just personally like the Road Glide.
I test rode several models also before settling on the Road Glide. It not only rides better than other models but also is much more stable in crosswinds. My wife likes the ride better too.

Old 07-28-2006, 02:59 PM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Road Glide remind me of Studebaker front ends. Never liked Studebaker. Personal thing, don't like all that stikin out there.

Old 07-28-2006, 04:13 PM
ronstew
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: bucs012

Is the Street Glide called the Bat Wing? .... I will admit you see TONS more Street Glides on the road so most people must prefer the way they ride.
Electra Glides and Street Glides have fairings that are said to be in the shape of bat wings. Road Glide fairings supposedly resemble shark noses.

A lot of the choice between one model and another is appearance. People seem to prefer the more traditional Electra Glide fairing, even though the Road Glides have been around for a couple of decades.

Old 07-28-2006, 04:19 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

RG's tend to handle better. It's an aerodynamics thing.

All the downforce generated by riding is applied directly to the chassis (suspension) rather than the fork assembly. THe first and most obvious difference is how easy the RG's steer.

I know it's all personal opinion and there will undoubtedly be those who feel the exact opposite, but for me the RG has a much beeter ride.

I have owned an FLHTC and two (2) FLTR's.

next.....

Old 07-28-2006, 04:42 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

Road a FLHTCI for two years - rented a RoadGlide - on July 5 and road it for 8 days from Boston - all around Nova Scotia and back - I am switching to a RG for these reasons

Being 5'6" it is WAY easier to handle in parking lot and u-turn type riding - minor to a lot of people but not us short guys....

The looks have grown on me - Ya it took some time... back when I bought my FLHT I hated the looks of the roadglide,,, Now I like it... to each his own.

I thought my FLH handled the winds good - this RG is Rock solid

One thing I will caution people on - riding with the "Fixed" fairing took me about two days to get used too... at first it was really strange to turn and have the fairing stay fixed.... I did not realize how used to the fairing turning with my bars on my FLH - its just a learning curve but VERY different....

I agree with the others.... before you put now $$$$$$ ride one for at least a day if not two... taking one out for a spin around the block will Not do it --- My .02 here

Old 07-28-2006, 04:49 PM
bucs012
Road Master

I agree on the fairing thing freak'n ya out. You know you're turning on the RG but your brain still freaks for a second since the front end "fairing" is not turning. Ha! I'm on day 2, so I should be getting used to it, soon.

Quick Reply: How does the Roadglide handle compared to bat wing