Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honest Opinion Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 06:08 PM
kuma
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOve it love it love it

Old 03-31-2010, 07:55 PM
liltrk
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 2000 EG which I changed to a Roadie by adding a 2007 RG front end. So I think I have the closest comparison, because everything else is identical. I like it better as a Roadglide. I have cruise etc., but no lowers.

And Spike too bad your CB didn't work. It definitely should have. There is no <<magic>> in the Ultra, just different harness.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:08 PM
valleybuck
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a batwing and liked it.Now I have a Road Glide like it more.I'm tall and like the fairing and the way the way the RG handles.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:18 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 253 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by liltrk
I have a 2000 EG which I changed to a Roadie by adding a 2007 RG front end. So I think I have the closest comparison, because everything else is identical. I like it better as a Roadglide. I have cruise etc., but no lowers.

And Spike too bad your CB didn't work. It definitely should have. There is no <<magic>> in the Ultra, just different harness.
I'm in the process of doing the same thing to a 2000 Ultra, liltrk did you use the same harness when you changed to the RG fairing or did you buy the fairing harness for a RG? I'm going to try & extend mine for the radio & small gauges, was just wondering which way you went, hoping that I can get by with the Ultra harness.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:57 PM
Brubry
Novice

I rented/rode a street glide in Vegas about a month after I bought my '06 Road Glide and MAN... was I glad I bought a road glide. Love the look of the classic batwing and although I could hear the tunes better, I did not like being trapped behind it and found the ride/handling suffered with it being fork mounted. Just my$.02

Old 04-01-2010, 03:19 AM
mpowell
Novice

I dont have a RG, but the Sales Manager at the local HD dealer says they are the best ride Harley has. I have been looking at a SG and she keeps trying to put me on the RG, and the SG is 3k more expensive.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:57 AM
tcarille
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

have had/rode egc,eg std.,wifes strret glide,sons softail std.best handling bike at high speeds,passing or being passed by trucks or pushed by winds.slow speed handling just like any of the big twins w/fairings.take one for a test ride on a major highway and you will see for yourself.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:04 AM
SG Mike
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in Southeast H-D last year telling one of my buddies, who happens to want the RG, that I thought it was the ugliest bike in the stable. Well one of the sales guys heard me and said ride it and you'll change your tune. All I could say is wow (she might be ugly but she sure is a nice ride!).

Old 04-01-2010, 09:32 AM
allen.m
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I think road glides are terrible. i hate them. why would anyone ever consider buying one of those. but seriously, they're great! rent, you will love it.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:17 AM
Bill RG
Novice

Be careful - yes, it is the best ride HD makes but can you handle the ugly part. Some of us are just so good lookin that a bit of ugly is no problem for us, but if you already carry a bunch of ugly with you, this might just take you over the edge.

A great bike - love it.

Attached Thumbnails Honest Opinion Road Glide-p1000034c.jpg  

Quick Reply: Honest Opinion Road Glide