Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACC helmets, do they fit better after a break-in period?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 05:20 PM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 197 Likes on 135 Posts

thanks a lot guys! good info..... i'm thinkin i should order one from the source rather than keep tryin the ones that don't fit great at the dealerships. from the sounds of the customer service i should end up with something i'm happy with eventually......

Old 02-24-2010, 08:46 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Can someone provide their home page or does it stand for Advanced Composite Carbon at http://www.carbonfiberhelmets.com/?

Last edited by strtarrow; 02-24-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:55 PM
user 8373900
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by strtarrow
Can someone provide their home page?
http://www.carbonfiberhelmets.com/

Old 02-24-2010, 09:32 PM
Certified Drunk
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
They don't "break-in", you need to fit it to your melon.
+1

Old 03-12-2010, 12:04 PM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 197 Likes on 135 Posts

So I took a little ride down to Vegas the other dave, stopped in at Skagit HD where they carry pretty good stock of the ACC helmets. after some fiddling with the various liners I got one to fit!

The reason I wasn't having success before is the shops didn't have the different size liners available to play with. I also had only seen these helmets with the quick release buckle and the d-ring I tried on at Skagit made the helmet much easier to snug up.

I've got about 2500 mikes on the helmet now and I'm pretty happy. it is comfortable and it's nice not having to worry about some cop being a dick.... it's not as small as my novelty, that's the only drawback.

thanks to all who convinced me to give headtrip another shot.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:35 PM
TRUBRIT
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

A quick tip I recently learned. If you find the helmet is moving back on your head you have to adjust the straps. This will level it. Apparently they have a Video on their site showing the adjustment.

Old 03-13-2010, 03:13 PM
milleda31
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Cool

"worry about some cop being a dick.... "

If you worry about that I can't help you.

However, if you're really worried about the helmet give them a call. They have excellent customer service. I have one that needed to be reshaped and they did it at no additional cost.

Old 03-13-2010, 03:24 PM
rerb95
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess cops being dicks is quite normal to most on this site, but I would have to tell you as a LEO, we're not being dicks if we are enforcing the laws... we dont write them we get paid to enforce them. And let me just add before the backlash starts, I DO NOT agree with helmet or seatbelt laws... We dont have a helmet law here in Illinois (yet) and I love it! But most other states do and that I dont like!

Old 03-13-2010, 04:19 PM
trozenhorse
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not all cops are dicks....only the ones with small ***** syndrome! the rest I've met are actually really nice and chill.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Thundr56
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an oval shaped head and can't believe how hard it is to find something that fits. Although I don't have one, Arai supposedly makes different shapes. Most of their stuff is full face though and they only have a couple 3/4s. No halfs if I remember right.
I like to get out and go somewhere as opposed to just cruising around town or going 20 miles to a social event and sitting around comparing chrome and talking about riding. If I'm out on a 2 or 3 hundred mile cruise, brain bucket fit makes a huge difference to me. What's with the manufacturers?? It's not just S, M, L or XL. I sent a message to ACC about shape. Maybe I'll give them a try depending on what sort of response I get.

Quick Reply: ACC helmets, do they fit better after a break-in period?