Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Have Created A Monster!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 04:26 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats to the wife. My wife got her MC license in 2006 and started riding her self in 2007. I bought her a 2007 1200L for Valentines day in 2007. She ran through a chain link fence while practicing at the high school parking lot. Knocked her off and scared her but other than that she was OK. I bought her a 2007 Honda rebel and she rode it for about 300 miles. She then went back to the sporty for 2700 miles and then I bought her a 2007 Heritage. She joined the motor maids and we are planning on riding to Cody Wy. this summer. We have been on several rides and we both love it. She goes to the High School parking lot for practice every Saturday and Sunday for about 45 minutes until she feels confidant to hit the streets. You will have a great time.

I bought her a J&M 2003 CB radio so we can talk back and forth. I also have a White 2007 Ultra. Congrats again to the wife and good luck.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:06 PM
madraider6
Advanced

Really enjoyed the story. I've been working on getting my wife to take the course,just in case I need some help. You never know when something wierd happens. At least thats my story. I think once she gets started she would get the bug.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Yas
Novice

Jim,

Nice story and best of luck to your wife with her new ride. My wife said the same thing for almost 4 years until she finally just decided that we needed to get a bigger bike to ride together. We moved up to a 2010 RKC this past September and haven't looked back...
Yas

Old 02-23-2010, 09:07 PM
Sath
Tourer

Don't think my wife riding her own bike has ever crossed her mind and I am not asking. I figure if she is serious enough about riding she will ask and at that point I'm not sure what I will say. The first and last time she rode my four wheeler was after a wet snow. When I turned around she was on two wheels, grass was flying ( donuts in the front yard ) and she wasn't letting out of the throttle!! Oh and did I say no helment. When I TOLD her to get off she just laughed and rode off jumping the ditch as she crossed the road. This is the same woman always wears her seat belt and doesn't like to let the kids stay with my father because the nearest hospital is 40 miles away. I was confused that day never seeing that side of her, all of which keeps me thinking how would she act on a street bike once she started having a little fun. We are a little older now but not by much. For now I like her on the back with me. Who knows maybe one day when she grows up

You guys be safe and enjoy

Old 02-24-2010, 12:07 AM
Da Butcher
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLKBAGGER
My wife rides with me all the time. Her alone on a bike NO FREAKING WAY! She can't handle walking through the house half the time. I love her dearly but she is a Klutz.
It sounds like your wife will be fine on her new ride. BTW that thing looks new. Good deal.
Before or after the AA meeting?! <kidding>

Awesome news Jim. Congrats to your lady, she looks pretty damn happy there! Don't worry about creating a monster though, a lot of us probably have and we're glad we did. We help fight off the townsfolk when the monsters are let loose. Days after my girl's move to the Street Glide from the Softail Deluxe and she's asking "where's the twisties?!". And, within about 6 months or so past, two of her friends wanted to join the riding family. One has passed her course already and the other takes the course next week. Now, a friend of mine has asked me to help him with his re-entry into riding by way of a 'real' bike, a Harley. I say hats off to ya.

Welcome to the family Cindy!

Old 02-24-2010, 12:33 AM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Butcher
Before or after the AA meeting?! <kidding>
She doesn't drink so that excuse is out the window.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:39 AM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

well congrats i think that pretty cool. my wife said she didnt wanna ride unless she had her own bike. guess what happened.

Attached Thumbnails I Have Created A Monster!-100_1232.jpg  
Old 02-24-2010, 12:58 AM
2nd Mike
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of us get lucky!

My wife grew up on her dad's Harleys(as a passenger).

She's been a passenger on mine every since I met her.

The only time I can tell she's there is at very slow speeds when I have to maneuver in tight spots.......not her fault but,that extra 125lbs makes a difference.

About 1500 miles into are last trip,she mentioned that she would like to get a bike of her own!

Who can blame her! I want to drive too!

I'll miss having her on the back 80% of the time but she wants to get the same enjoyment that I get from being in control of the bike so I said that we should let her give it a shot!

I kind of feel like I did when our daughter moved out of the house

It's nice to have her close by

Spring is coming and we're looking........I think she has the skills......I guess we'll see!

I am kind of looking forward to riding solo in the twisty's but who's going to take the pictures??

Life is good! It's the changes that are hard to adjust to!

I may have to get a Scala rider(or equivelent) set up just so we can still talk while we ride!

Old 03-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Our07Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We just got back from Daytona Sunday afternoon. She did great riding. We took all back roads and never got above 60 mph. Our first obstacle was a flat tire on my Ultra when I went to get em ready for the trip. Check fluids, air etc....$250 and 2 hours later, we were on the road. This sucked because I just put new E3s on. Oh well that,s just life.

We covered about 350 miles on various roads, traffic conditions and terrain. Her biggest challenge was gravel parking lots. She did just as I told her and managed through them without a problem. I'm very proud of her and glad that she is enjoying herself. She deserves it!! Here is a pics from some of our stops.
Thanks for the replies and ride safe!

Attached Thumbnails I Have Created A Monster!-100_1721.jpg   I Have Created A Monster!-100_1733.jpg   I Have Created A Monster!-100_1732.jpg   I Have Created A Monster!-100_1734.jpg  
Old 05-27-2012, 03:15 PM
knightwolf1369
3rd Gear

congrats on her own bike i just got back on one after many year an love my 02 deuce have fun be save

Quick Reply: I Have Created A Monster!