Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most comfortable seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 07:25 AM
SPFRUSCIONE
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most comfortable seat

Now i don't want to start an argument but i need some input from all the riders out there on seat comfort. Instead of blowing a wad on a seat and finding out it is just another factory overstated pain in the a$$. I am on a saddleman road sofa now and it is ok. But i am looking for a comfortable good looking solo, if that is possible. Anyone got some input on this subject? I can't be the only one in this position so i am looking to benefit from the brothers collective experience. Oh, needs to be able to accept a removable backrest. Any help????? THE BIKE IS AN FLHRI

Last edited by SPFRUSCIONE; 02-22-2010 at 07:27 AM. Reason: MISTAKE, ADD MODEL
Old 02-22-2010, 07:34 AM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

This seat may not be the best looking seat in the house, but it is one of the most comfy ones. The air ride cop seat, 600 mile days with any probs. Doing it again next Sat., from Houston to FL. See sig below.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:39 AM
Bearcat1
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You will get plenty of different opinions on this one but I am a Corbin guy. I run the Classic Solo with backrest. Expensive? Runs with the best of em, but once you become hooked on it, it's worth the price in my opinion. Best of luck.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:49 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 72,162 Likes on 21,806 Posts

Originally Posted by SPFRUSCIONE
Now i don't want to start an argument but i need some input from all the riders out there on seat comfort. Instead of blowing a wad on a seat and finding out it is just another factory overstated pain in the a$$. I am on a saddleman road sofa now and it is ok. But i am looking for a comfortable good looking solo, if that is possible. Anyone got some input on this subject? I can't be the only one in this position so i am looking to benefit from the brothers collective experience. Oh, needs to be able to accept a removable backrest. Any help????? THE BIKE IS AN FLHRI
We need to know your tastes, or what you think is comfortable and stylish before we can give you a recommendation.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:51 AM
glide2meetu
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

After having an air cushion seat from HD I thought I would not find anything better then I installed the Hammock seat on my 09 and its is the cat's meow! Hammock seat all the way!

Old 02-22-2010, 09:42 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can ride all day without any discomfort on my Corbin Classic Solo.

Name:  soloseat.jpg
Views: 3475
Size:  109.6 KB
With the passenger seat
Name:  IMG_3639.jpg
Views: 3066
Size:  71.1 KB

Old 02-22-2010, 10:14 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i and the wife both love our adjustable Air Zep.

Name:  DSC03433.jpg
Views: 2667
Size:  54.1 KB

Old 02-22-2010, 10:26 PM
one-up
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

If you want to stay in the $300 range, check out the Mustang Vintage Solo seat. Although I'm not sure about the back rest, but it's a great seat. I have it on a '10 FLHR.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:27 PM
Robert_W
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by glide2meetu
After having an air cushion seat from HD I thought I would not find anything better then I installed the Hammock seat on my 09 and its is the cat's meow! Hammock seat all the way!
+1 to the Hammock.

Hey Glide, what rider backrest do you have? Is that the FL rider adjustable backrest? How did you mount the switch with the heat shields?

Thanks,

Bob.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:29 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by glide2005
This seat may not be the best looking seat in the house, but it is one of the most comfy ones. The air ride cop seat, 600 mile days with any probs. Doing it again next Sat., from Houston to FL. See sig below.
Two problems with the cop seats. 1: didn't care for the way it looked. The $2 plastic tray covering the battery box is just inexcusable. 2: It sat me up too high and too far forward. Went to a Mustang, and it was not bad, but not exactly right, either.

Bought a Corbin solo, and am hooked. I can put in long days without any butt fatigue, and it sits me down and back, which is what I like.

Quick Reply: Most comfortable seat