Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

daytona bike week help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 11:23 PM
bob37
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default daytona bike week help!

1 st time going to daytona and was wondering where to stay? i prefer something more upscale so i can unwind after a long nite and would prefer more of a villa,cottage type of place rather then a high rise hotel any help is greatly appreciated thanks

Old 02-22-2010, 12:45 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

If you don't have your reservations yet, and you're looking for upscale, you better get on the net and see what you can find. Many of the place right on the beach are booked, and you better have your check book out. It can be pretty outrageous for nice accommodations specifically during bike week or Daytona 500 week. Good Luck. There's some nicer places out a little distance that provide a little better bang for the $$. But overall, just plan on dropping some pretty serious coin on lodging. One nice thing is that some of the nicer hotels do offer shuttle service to and from Main St. so you don't get caught drinking while riding the scoot, or get into any problems with the law. They've gone a little nuts lately enforcing the local laws.

Old 02-22-2010, 04:09 AM
dc1450
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Check out the Hilton on A1A, it's not a villa but, it's on the beach across from Main St. and it has secure indoor parking for your bike. Bring your wallet!

Old 02-22-2010, 05:42 AM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

New Smyrna beach about 10 minutes south of daytona has a bed and breakfast called the night swan inn......Great place , really nice owners CLEAN and comfortable, private bath for each room. Wife and I stay there during speedweeks for 12 years. Ask for Martha and tell her Richard and Lori from Michigan said hi. The B&B is across the street from the intercoastal waterway, cool to see dolphins and manetees at all hours of the day and night.....plus if ya have a yaht they have a place to dock it too!!
http://www.nightswan.com/

Depending how many bikes are there Martha has a garage that she lets guys park their bikes in for FREE....find that anywhere in Daytona.

Last edited by timberland; 02-22-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:04 AM
Spur56
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Save your money and go to Thunder on the Beach. It is more fun. Daytona is a PITA.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:32 AM
HDJIM1158
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I used to always book months in advance. I like ocean front hotels with secure bike parking, and try for the ones with underground parking. For the past few years I have noted that more and more hotels are not booking up and will make better "last minute" deals. If you book ahead, they want you to book for 5 to 7 nights min. Walk in off the street and you stay the amount of time you want. I know its taking a chance, but trust me it works. If not, once you are booked in, ride down A1A and check out all the signs " room available" Also, make sure where you are booking let you park the trailer on the property, as crazy as it sounds, hotels want you to come, charge you double because its bike week, but don't bring your trailer......
Be Safe and enjoy your trip
JIM

Old 02-22-2010, 07:02 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

totally agree -- plus you will not get robbed on a (beach front) hotel room
Originally Posted by Spur56
Save your money and go to Thunder on the Beach. It is more fun. Daytona is a PITA.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:09 AM
Our07Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont want to be negative here but attempting to book these types of accomodations, 4-5 days befor bikeweek starts, may be problematic. Most resorts are booked months in advance.
Now for the positive, get on the phone and start calling. I was at the Daytona 500 and it was not as crowded as I have seen in the past. Could be due to the economy.
Enjoy bike week!

Old 02-22-2010, 07:26 AM
Sandcrab
Stellar HDF Member
Received 382 Likes on 227 Posts
Default Farther away is better

The salt spray is not as bad the farther from the beach you get. Just saying.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:26 PM
goose136
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we just ride in friday morning check boardwalk,daytona inn, bahama house(open bar from 5-7 every night) we can get a room in one of them and bump that three or four day min.

Quick Reply: daytona bike week help!