Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center stand opinions

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 11:48 AM
Tanker2
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts
Question Center stand opinions

Yes I have searched this thread and read most of them. I have a 1999 Ultra Classic and I'm not a big guy. I'm 5-9 and 160 pounds. Wife is 5-3 and 122 and we are in our 60's. I have looked a Harleys new center stand, Wheeldocks EZ Up and Rivco's stand. EZ Up looks like a good product. I looked at the EZ Up video. The guy in video makes lifting the bike look easy. Big he's bigger then me and bike is not a Ultra Classic with a tour trunk. I just would like to know if it is that easy and also opinions on which center stand people like best. Can you lift bike with wife still sitting on it. Also have read some complaints about scraping and we ride two up all the time. I think Harleys stand just came out. Has anyone tried it? Also thanks to Wheeldocks for helping sponcor this site.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:21 PM
93flhtcu
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default centerstand

Hello ,I have the ez up center stand on my 2009 ultra. I like it just fine but I miss the chrome display center stand I had on my 1993 and my 2007 ultra. It is made by hd .It mounted on the front of the frame and made it easy to stand up ,drive off and I could even set it with my wife still on the bike. It is more stable than the ez up center stand. It would not fit on the 2009 ultra frame or I would still be using it. I have a chrome display center stand off my buddies 2003 ultra that I am going to sell for him if anyone is interested. It has all the mounting hardware and instructions from harley. I am going to sell it here or on ebay. Thanks

Old 02-21-2010, 12:28 PM
BLACK 3
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the EZ up stand and use it all the time and love it, i am a little bigger than you (6'-2" 230#) and have no problem while being 2 up. I ride real hard around corners and never touched the stand but i do scape the right floor board. I have an Ultra and just saw EZ-up at the Chicago Motorcycle show and he was grabbing the saddle bag bar to help lift the bike which makes it a lot easier to get the bike up on the stand. Hope this helps

Old 02-21-2010, 12:28 PM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had the Wheeldock stand on for about 3 years now and love it. If you always park with your front tire up, (uphill as always), you will never have any trouble.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:29 PM
nedster
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I had the wheel dock on my 08 and just ordered one for my 10. I don't think you can position it up on the stand with a passenger,nor would I want to try. It is a great product, very stable and the wife can board the bike while the stand is up. Then you can just drive off the stand.
Contrary to 93flhtcu opinion of the display stand, I found the just the opposite, the display stand in my opinion was unstable, it also prevented the use of floor board extensions.

Old 02-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Rabid
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up mine at E-Goodies. Love it, haven't noticed any scrapping in the corners, and really appreciate the extra room in the garage....

John

Old 02-21-2010, 06:27 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 245 Likes on 194 Posts

I have HD on my 2007 ultra not hard to lift the bike all you have to is to push on your foot but on some uphill or on even surface where rear wheel is free to move could be pain to push the bike off it. Have to watch for speed bumps in parking lots but it does take less room to park and easy to clean the wheels when I put a 2x4 under one side of the stand.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Raaze07
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got the Wheeldock on my '09 Ultra and I love it. Took some time to figure out the easiest way to get the bike up on it, but at 5'11" and 185lbs I'm able to do it, so you shouldn't have a problem.

Only time I struggle is when I put the bike on a piece of wood to raise the rear wheel off the ground (typically for cleaning). It's a cast iron bit%& to get her up on the stand and about all I can do to get her off of it too!

Old 02-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Theakerr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have the Rivco on my FLHTCi. Very pleased with it. A well made product easy to instal and installed as per the instructions. No problem with grounding, floorboards hit first. Does require minor effort to get the bike onto the stand but I run the front wheel onto a piece of 3/4 or 1" plywood. Then very easy.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:49 PM
dgoodbmw
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts
Default centerstand

This should be a no brainer, go with the WHEELDOCK. Rod the owner and his people are the best at customer service and the product is superior to any other on the market. You cannot go wrong with this unit and they will work with you until you are satisified, period. I got mine from Rod in his 1st year at daytona and have never had 1second remorse. No ties to Wheeldock.

Quick Reply: Center stand opinions