Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center stand opinions

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 10:13 PM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Wheeldock and have no problems putting the bike on the stand with our with out my wife on the back.

I also haven't bottomed out riding. The only time the stand hits is when I use my folding ramps putting the bike in my horse trailer for storage.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:17 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If anyone has a 2009 or later and V&H Power Duals there's a clearance issue with the V&H heat shield and the H_D center stand. Justa ehads up. I called V&H about it and they basically said tough. You'd think they might have considered the problem considering there doesn't need to be an issue . . .

Old 02-21-2010, 10:27 PM
motorcyclelockman
Tourer
Smile

I had the Revco in my 07. It was fairly hard to get onto the stand. Had to get off and use the frame to help get it up. I went with the EZ-UP on my 2010. I LOVE this stand. Very easy to get on the stand. I vote EZ-UP.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:30 PM
Moe55
Supporter
Received 62 Likes on 47 Posts

Have a Wheeldock EZ up on and 05 Ultra. Instructions say not to put it up on the stand with a passanger on the bike. Have used it for 3 years no problems at all. First couple times it takes some getting used to but after that it is easy never had any clearance problems.

Old 02-22-2010, 04:44 AM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master

I have the EZ up stand on a 09 UC with the Arnott air ride system on it. I put a shorter stand on for a lowered bike. When I raise the bike I can drop the stand and it does not touch the road. I then lower the bike on it (0 effort). It puts the complete weight of the bike on it and it will not roll off even if you push from the rear real hard. I can do this 1 or 2 up. I gas up and park and let the wife get off last or get on first. Very stable and I park like this everytime. I am 5'8" and 150 lbs. Stand will not rub if at stock height but will if lowered. Air ride gives me the option to raise for twisties and speed bumps, other that that I ride lowered 1-2 inches. This setup is perfect for me. You can not go wrong with EZ up stand. Goes on in 5 minutes and very well built.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:17 AM
bmorebhoy
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The H-D display stand will not work with the H-D oil cooler.
I have the WHEELDOCK on my 08 RKC. I can get the bike up while still in the seat, just steady the bike with your right foot, get the feel for the bike straightening up as the centerstand makes contact with the pavement (pushing down with your left foot), and lift your right foot off the ground putting your weight on your left foot on the centerstand. Put the buke in gear and get off. The other way, park the bike on the sidestand, get off and grab the left handlebar with your left hand and the left saddlebag guard with your right, straighten the bike up and push the centerstand lever down with your right foot as you push the bike backwards. Pop it into gear.
Getting off is easily done by just driving off the stand. If you have short legs, I'm 5'-9", 120 lbs with a 32" inseam, it can be difficult to push the bike off the stand while sitting on the bike especially if it is pointed slightly up hill. Then I've found it easy to stand on the side of the bike grabbing the bars and saddlebag guard and pushing/pulling the bike forward and off the centerstand. I put the sidestand down before doing it this way in case the balance gets away from me I can force the bike over onto the sidestand, but that hasn't happened yet.
I've gone up on the centerstand with a full load, no tourpack on the RKC but an oversized duffel plus. Not supposed to put it up with a passenger. I have a Pit Bull jack and place a piece of 1/2 plywood on the forward arm of the lift so the bike is level, the rear arm of the jack lines up where the centerstand bolts to the frame of the bike. I also use a piece of 1/2" plywood under the centerstand to raise the rear wheel for cleaning. I've never dragged the stand, only floorboards.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:19 AM
bmorebhoy
Road Master

Another thing, though I have no experience with them, I've heard that some rear stabilizing systems will not work with the WHEELDOCK because they bolt the same place in the frame it does.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:15 PM
cap5369
Road Master

anyone have some good pic's of the stand in the up position and down so I can see how far the bar sticks out? From looking at the web page I can't get a good vision on what it looks like in the up position just wondring how far the bar sticks out on the bike. Thanks.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:55 PM
bmorebhoy
Road Master

UP;

DOWN;

Old 02-22-2010, 03:16 PM
cap5369
Road Master

Originally Posted by bmorebhoy
UP;

DOWN;
Thanks bmorebhoy, that helped going to order today.

Quick Reply: Center stand opinions