Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King vs Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 07:16 PM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 605 Likes on 440 Posts

I had a 2003 RK and now have a 2008 RG. Both great bikes and each has its own personality. You gotta forget what everyone else says, go rent each 1 for a day and decide which you like best. I still miss the RK but not enough to get rid of the RG. It eats up the miles. Seems you get waved at a lot less on the RG. goldwings riders, most other Harley riders all seem to hate the fugly glide. Fine by me, I like it. I look at it and want to pull off the fugly a$$ fairing off. But while riding it I forget all about it. Man I wish this snow would melt and warm up some. I need to take a long FUGLY ride.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:19 PM
coolhands03bagger
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've just got done reading every post and sure are some DUMB comments. RK for bar hoping and RG for trips? Both are perfect long, cross country bikes. My mom rides a 99 883 with 62k on it. It's been all over the U.S and Canada. Who's going to say that a Sportster can't be a long distance bike? My mom is proof. Anyways,

The RK and RG are completely different bikes. Yes I know...the same this, the same that. Different rides, different look. Plain and simple. TO EACH THEIR OWN!

yeah that Shark Nose sure does look stupid! What is he thinking riding such an ugly bike?
mo money, mo money, mo money!

Old 02-22-2010, 09:22 PM
ghostflamed
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by coolhands03bagger
I've just got done reading every post and sure are some DUMB comments. RK for bar hoping and RG for trips? Both are perfect long, cross country bikes. My mom rides a 99 883 with 62k on it. It's been all over the U.S and Canada. Who's going to say that a Sportster can't be a long distance bike? My mom is proof. Anyways,

The RK and RG are completely different bikes. Yes I know...the same this, the same that. Different rides, different look. Plain and simple. TO EACH THEIR OWN!

yeah that Shark Nose sure does look stupid! What is he thinking riding such an ugly bike?
mo money, mo money, mo money!
PREACH IT BROTHER! NOW THERE'S AN OPINION I CAN GET BEHIND. BTW, KILLER LOOKING ROADIE YOU GOT THERE!!!