Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King vs Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 07:38 AM
BcDog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Road Glide = Great scoot
Road King = Great scoot
Ride em both and make a decision, your cash, your ride, etc etc,

Old 02-21-2010, 07:52 AM
Kumite
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with the post on the Road Glide especially for tall persons.. I am 6'5" and tried 11 different touring bikes.... in short.....the Road Glide fit the best and with Heritage bars, tall boy seat and longhorn offset highway pegs I can really streatch out. The fixed fairing is also great for touring....much better than my former windscreen...

No doubt the King can tour but the glide is just set up better for it. If touring is not a necessity.. then go King

But to each his own.

R. Todd

Old 02-21-2010, 08:19 AM
littlebear
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My brother has the the RK, I love to ride it, he loves to ride my RG. On long trips we will switch off with each other often. Both good for touring, both good for bonding, both a hell of alot of fun. Your choice, you can't go wrong either way.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:22 AM
ddm502001
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I opted for a King. with a add on fairing from DCC I have the best of both worlds.

'03 RK Anniv Ed, V&H Monster Ovals, FuelPak, TourPak, K&N air filtration, MOCO Thunderstar wheels, DCC Fairing and tunes, Mustang 2pc seat.

Attached Thumbnails Road King vs Road Glide-dsc02141.jpg   Road King vs Road Glide-dsc02142.jpg  

Last edited by ddm502001; 02-21-2010 at 08:23 AM. Reason: mis-spell
Old 02-21-2010, 09:08 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by Dustball
The fugly (RG) on the other hand can only be stripped so far, and you're stuck with that hideous nose.....

I suppose if your constitution is strong and you don't mind people pointing and laughing, then the fugly might just be your bike...
............. what-phucking-ever, ...........sure, folks will point..... then those who know will nod their heads.

Last edited by groupw; 02-21-2010 at 09:12 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:16 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

My being old school made my choice a no brainer.Also like being able to pull the shield and bags for some hot rodding around.Besides that lump of fiberglass in front makes the bike look cumbersome to me.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:32 AM
ghostflamed
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dog155
Besides that lump of fiberglass in front makes the bike look cumbersome to me.
Funny thing is it is the furthest thing from cumbersome. The shark nose slices through the wind way better than any bike with a tombstone, clamp on piece of lexan!

Cracks me up, all the long standing negative comments about the RG faring...

RG owners are too busy riding their bikes to worry about such BS. I guess it makes sense though...it seems like most of the guys on the other "traditional" looking HD's prefer looking at their bikes while parked in front of watering holes anyway.

Whatever your cup of tea is...

Old 02-21-2010, 09:35 AM
Navy Mustang
Road Master
Received 313 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by surfcitybum
Road King is the choice. A lot more versatile. If you want a stereo, by a Chevy.
LOL! This is what they all say until they've cruised the twisties listening to some tuneage. Nothin' like jamming to a bit of Thin Lizzy or Aerosmith while easin' down a country road... You'll never feel the need to "justify" the lack of a stereo again.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:36 AM
Navy Mustang
Road Master
Received 313 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by ghostflamed
Funny thing is it is the furthest thing from cumbersome. The shark nose slices through the wind way better than any bike with a tombstone, clamp on piece of lexan!

Cracks me up, all the long standing negative comments about the RG faring...

RG owners are too busy riding their bikes to worry about such BS. I guess it makes sense though...it seems like most of the guys on the other "traditional" looking HD's prefer looking at their bikes while parked in front of watering holes anyway.

Whatever your cup of tea is...
I don't know about that, I think mine does a pretty good job of slicin' and dicin'...

Old 02-21-2010, 10:19 AM
07fatboycustom
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a Mustang once. I did not ask others should I buy a mustang or a camero. I bought what I like. I knew what I wanted. Is one bike better than another. NO!!!!!
It is all in what YOU want. That is why we have choices. You make the call. Buy cause of ride? I have rode different styles all over from trips to local rides. The choice is yours. The bike will be in your garage. Get the one that will make you feel good about what you have.

Quick Reply: Road King vs Road Glide