Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Simply the very best leathers money can buy

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 10:26 AM
HalfFast
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Is that an American asian there or an Asian asian sitting there in that American store? LOLOLL!!
That is exactly what I was wondering. How funny. What is the difference in a Chinese made coat made in China and Chinese made coat made in the U.S.?

Old 02-20-2010, 11:51 AM
dswansbiker
Road Warrior
Received 108 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by HalfFast
That is exactly what I was wondering. How funny. What is the difference in a Chinese made coat made in China and Chinese made coat made in the U.S.?
What an idiotic comment! Along with the earlier one I was trying to ignore.

What's an American supposed to look like in your opinion? Her family may have been in this country longer than yours, or my Swedish family.

I am shying away from Made In China goods where ever possible. And it is not as hard as you might think. For those of us that think it is hard to find reasonably priced American made clothes, check out

http://www.allamericanclothing.com/

Old 02-20-2010, 11:52 AM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HalfFast
ok - I'll answer a few comments in one post. This particular jacket cost me $1,125.

Yes, they make other styles but fundamentally there are two starting points, the Columbia and the Cascade. There are so many customization choices that the jackets can look very different even if they are the the same model. I suggest visiting their website.

The comment about Asians is something I'll defend against and that I consider very racist although you may not realize it - so I'm not criticizing you for it. Had that person been black you would not (I hope) have made it. On the West Coast there are many Americans with Asian heritage in the same way that my roots are in Europe (heck I'm first generation American). In the NW American Asians are, I believe, still the largest minority race behind Caucasians and far ahead of the African American population in numbers.

One last reply - I have Gerbings already (believe they're actually out of Tumwater - but I bought mine at Sturgis).

Last edited by davessworks; 02-20-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by davessworks
ok - I'll answer a few comments in one post. This particular jacket cost me $1,125.

Yes, they make other styles but fundamentally there are two starting points, the Columbia and the Cascade. There are so many customization choices that the jackets can look very different even if they are the the same model. I suggest visiting their website.

The comment about Asians is something I'll defend against and that I consider very racist although you may not realize it - so I'm not criticizing you for it. Had that person been black you would not (I hope) have made it. On the West Coast there are many Americans with Asian heritage in the same way that my roots are in Europe (heck I'm first generation American). In the NW American Asians are, I believe, still the largest minority race behind Caucasians and far ahead of the African American population in numbers.
+1............Well Said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-20-2010, 11:58 AM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dswansbiker
What an idiotic comment! Along with the earlier one I was trying to ignore.

What's an American supposed to look like in your opinion? Her family may have been in this country longer than yours, or my Swedish family.

I am shying away from Made In China goods where ever possible. And it is not as hard as you might think. For those of us that think it is hard to find reasonably priced American made clothes, check out

http://www.allamericanclothing.com/
Yup.......Idiotic comment coming from an Idio............................

Old 02-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Dennydp
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

Had their coat and pants since 97 great product.Gerbings moved to Tumwater from Union last year.

Old 02-20-2010, 12:08 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member

For anyone who can't see past a non-Caucasian without thinking the company's 'furen here's a picture of the 15 people that Langlitz employs (including Dave Hanson and his wife (Jakie, daughter of Ross Langlitz), the current owners). Go throw sum mur wud on tha far an have anuver jug o moonshine. BTW Langlitz sells a substantial number of jackets to the Japanese. They can't seem to get enough of them so this thoroughly American company is doing its small part in redressing the balance of trade.

Last edited by davessworks; 02-20-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:10 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dennydp
Had their coat and pants since 97 great product.Gerbings moved to Tumwater from Union last year.
Ah - that's what happened. Never visited them but love their products. Fortunately they're at the major shows and events.

Old 02-20-2010, 12:12 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 74,578 Likes on 22,447 Posts

Lighten' up Francis.......

Old 02-20-2010, 12:24 PM
Northwoodz
Road Warrior
Received 550 Likes on 151 Posts

So they are "the very best leathers money can buy" because you say so? Or is because Jeff Decker "swears by them"? Or is this a historical fact archived somewhere? For $1125.00 I think it's more of an ego/name dropper thing. Nothing wrong with my $300 HD jacket, or for that matter my buddies $100 flea market leather. For $1125.00, I can heat my house for an entire year. For $1125.00 I can cover my familys medical deductible for a year. For $1125.00 I can pay for my daughters dorm/food expenses for an entire year. Glad you have the money to spend on extravagances, but to come on here and flaunt it, and BOLDLY CLAIM "the best leathers money can buy" is a bit much. Hey everyone LOOK AT ME!!!!! I also agree with a few others..... If it's sewn together by an asian, tell me again why it's better than buying from one sewn in China by an Asian? A $700.00 mark up don't make it better!

Quick Reply: Simply the very best leathers money can buy