Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LRS X-Stream Windshield Sale!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 08:25 PM
longrideshields-2
Premium Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
Default LRS X-Stream Windshield Sale!!!

With all the kinks worked out of the new shield, production now locked and streamlined, we thought it would be a good time to offer a sale.

Get that sexy new shield before the season is in full swing!

www.longrideshields.com

Old 02-19-2010, 09:15 PM
NoKenDo
Road Master
Received 50 Likes on 17 Posts

Can you tell us what was tweaked to make it better than
the 1st run?

Old 02-20-2010, 05:52 AM
longrideshields-2
Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by NoKenDo
Can you tell us what was tweaked to make it better than
the 1st run?
Sure.
Issues:
*Problems with the base of the shield forming a bit thick, causing fitting issues.
*Some shields were not properly centered when formed, also caused fitting problems.
*design flaw with the middle hole, when formed would cause the hole to cave in a little and the edge to protrude. This caused a flaw in structural integrity along the vertical center of the shield.

Solutions:
*Both of the first problems were resolved through altering our shield forming process to ensure that the shield is properly aligned and proportioned every time.
*We redesigned the center hole with this collapsing issue in mind. This resolved both the center hole coming out smaller, got rid of the protrusion and allowed for maximum structural integrity.

I think that about sums it up!

Old 02-20-2010, 06:20 AM
john62
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about height? ?

I was on your site . I saw the extreme shields ,very nice. Do you have pictures labeled with the heights available? I only saw the 7" shield. I am 6'1" with a 33" inseam. so I would be looking at a 8 or 9" shield I believe?

Old 02-20-2010, 06:54 AM
NoKenDo
Road Master
Received 50 Likes on 17 Posts

Has anyone reviewed the new design?
I did a search and only found the old reviews.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:47 PM
longrideshields-2
Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by john62
I was on your site . I saw the extreme shields ,very nice. Do you have pictures labeled with the heights available? I only saw the 7" shield. I am 6'1" with a 33" inseam. so I would be looking at a 8 or 9" shield I believe?
Yeah, I'm going to have to go through and get some more pictures up for each size. I'm 6' and the 9" works well for me, for more protection maybe a 10"? Whichever you decide to go with, if you decide you don't like the size or shade, we'll swap it out with you free of charge.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:56 PM
No Tyme
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I bought the 8" and find it doesn't fit well with my HD 3 pouch system. I posted picks on another posting and would like to know if the 9" or 10" will fit with the 3 pouch system... I would like to swap for something that will fit better. Here's a shot of the 8" with the 3 bag HD pouch setup.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:27 AM
longrideshields-2
Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by No Tyme
I bought the 8" and find it doesn't fit well with my HD 3 pouch system. I posted picks on another posting and would like to know if the 9" or 10" will fit with the 3 pouch system... I would like to swap for something that will fit better. Here's a shot of the 8" with the 3 bag HD pouch setup.

Yeah, the 8 is definitely too tight. I would send it back for a 10. 10 works by far the best with the t-bags.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:30 AM
longrideshields-2
Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by NoKenDo
Has anyone reviewed the new design?
I did a search and only found the old reviews.
Not on the forums, but we've gotten very positive feedback from it in email. I'll toss some more up on the testimonial page. Scifiguy should have a new one or will be getting it on Monday. So I would expect some more input from him here shortly.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Eddy G
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi,

Can you tell me how to measure the shield?

I bought one of your shields last year. I don't think you were on the board then but I contacted you through e-bay and you gave me a great deal through a buy it now.

I love the shield. I left a review on here and some of the other boards on the net.

The one negative issue I have is the dark tint is a little to dark for me at night.

Now I don't look through the shield but I noticed at dusk just before dark and after I lose a little bit of vision on the sides.
It kind of gets in the way or distracts me I'm making that clear.

I had a clearview 6.5 and I'm thinking this may be a 10? I don't remember.

Like I said the function is awesome, no complaints and even this issue isn't horrible but I do find myself switching shields now and then.

I'm thinking what ever it is in a med tint may just do the trick.

Now I saw the new shield and you got me thinking even more.

Maybe I could stay with the darker shield (cuz I like the look better) in the new style and go a little smaller then the one I have.

Question is What do I have and will a smaller new style function the same as the larger old one ?

Quick Reply: LRS X-Stream Windshield Sale!!!