Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many of you guys use a back rest?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 12:48 PM
slime_dog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love BOTH of my back rests - lower and upper. (.)(.)

Can't imagine riding without either of them. :-)

Old 02-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the standard backrest & mount. The mount has 3 height adjustments and a screw in the back of the pad got forward/tilt adjustment. Once I got it where I like it, I've never moved it. The backrest pad has the pleather hiding any brackets bars going into the seat opening.

Either way, I love it and adds alot of extra miles to the day.

Ride safe and have fun.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the adjustable Harley backrest and am very pleased with it.

When I first bought the bike I had to wait a month for them to get it in and installed. Was a lllloooonnnngggg month.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:59 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

I love my adjustable backrest. Because of the pressurized cartridge that makes it adjustable there is a very small amount of give when I lean against it. It feels like you're able to adjust the pressure it applies to your lower back along with the position and the height. The pad also pivots so it always feels like it's making full contact. Also a big help for backing up.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:01 PM
bldap
Tourer

Does the HD backrest work with the Mustang solo seat or do you need to get the Mustang backrest? I have the HD backrest already and was thinking about getting the solo seat.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:02 PM
Estil
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

The backrest is what allows me to ride all day......without one, I could only ride about an hour. Must have addition to me for any bike!

Old 02-19-2010, 01:03 PM
GAZippoman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ride my Limited on my daily commute (weather permitting), which is either 110 or 225 miles round trip each day (depending on which location I'm at.) The adjustable HD seat WAS supposed to be installed before I picked it up, but with the holidays, it didn't come in for nearly two weeks. I can tell you it's made a tremendous difference. First two weeks lower back was tight by the time I got home. Now...no problem. And it's easy to take off if I want a 38C upper back massage!

Old 02-19-2010, 01:05 PM
TxMongrel
Road Captain

I have the Mustang seat with removeable backrest on my RK. Don't know if it fits HD seats... Makes a world of difference on long rides.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:59 PM
htc
Tourer

RKC 2008 with Sundowner and HD adjustable backrest. Truly love the backrest but it's ugly as hell ;-)

Last edited by htc; 02-19-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:15 PM
Charlie Bone
Advanced

On my 98 I’ve got a Mustang seat with the Harley backrest. The only adjustments to the backrest are up and down which I leave in its lower position. I went with the Harley backrest because it has a pouch on the back side of it. The wife stores her sunflower seeds and chewing gum in there that she eats to keep from falling asleep!!

The only drawback to a backrest is if you are alone, you can’t slide your butt back onto the passenger seat to stretch out while driving. But times I’ve forgotten it on long trips, I’ve missed it. Can’t remember the last time its been off now…..

Quick Reply: How many of you guys use a back rest?