Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many of you guys use a back rest?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 12:46 PM
h01waterman
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a "fixed" back rest on my RK. THe insurance company kept it when the totaled it out. I missed it on my 2008 ULtra, so I got an adjustable one for my new 2010 Limited (Had to have those ABS after bouncing off the side of the left turning truck).

The adjustable backrest is GREAT!

I can't believe it but I found I really enjoy the heated hand grips too. They help my previously broken bones feel much better when it is raining or cold (60's or bbbbelow - it can happen in the hills)!!!

Old 02-20-2010, 03:19 PM
patsfan
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07FLHT
If my OL ever slapped me upside the head for leaning back into her, she'd be the very next thing on the bike to be replaced!
Ha ha, I hear ya. Wifeys a peach, my personal massuese on long rides.

Old 02-20-2010, 03:25 PM
driver4fun
Novice
Wink

I got one from day one,and never took it off. Love it But if I had the 36 d`s behind me I would not be riding my bike I would be riding the twins.

Old 02-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Badfinger
Road Master

When I first saw one on a bike I thought they were ugly and only decrepit old men would ever use them. Well I bought one after sitting on a bike with one on it and never take it off, okay call me decrepit And if or I should say when you need to push your bike back wards you will thank yourself again!

Ride well,

Jim

Old 02-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Mawwk
Intermediate

I have one and like it

Old 02-20-2010, 03:48 PM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

I saw one on a Yamaha Venture for the first time in 1984 during a 3,000 mile road trip thru the West. Bought one and installed in the middle of the trip and haven't owned a bike without a back rest since. One of the best add ons, in my opinion, you can buy.

Old 02-20-2010, 04:41 PM
ashmarc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

First mod is '06 was the HD gas shock adjustable with the lever mounted to the frame.

Very nice.

Old 02-20-2010, 04:58 PM
bldap
Tourer

I've had a C&C Fastback on the scoot for the past year and love it. In 3 months I'll be taking a trip to Houston and want to use the HD adjustable backrest I have. I put the stock seat on today and went for an hour ride and quickly remembered why I took it off in the first place. I hate the seat, puts me too high and too far forward.

So now I'm trying to figure out what to do. Use the Fastback without the backrest, get another Fastback with the backrest or got with another seat (Mustang?) with the backrest. Problem with going with another seat is I won't know how it actually feels.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Old 02-20-2010, 05:54 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 245 Likes on 194 Posts

No other way to ride.Rode about 1500 miles without it on my 1st Harley Then I wondered why did I wait so long listen guys you can hold off the chrome buy back rest if money is the issue. I always put safety and comfort first then look ( no just kidding I'm one of you guys look is more important then any thing else )

Old 02-20-2010, 06:13 PM
mtnbikerx
Tourer

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
The OP was talking about his LOWER back. I sure hope your lower back isn't being supported by those 36 c's!!!
LOL Nice catch!

Quick Reply: How many of you guys use a back rest?