Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sissy Bar Upright-Tall or Stanadard Height

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 03:38 PM
joe98
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Sissy Bar Upright-Tall or Stanadard Height

Just wanted to get some feedback from the good folks here; I've got an 08 Street Glide that I want to purchase the sissy bar upright with the matching backrest pad. I found part # 52723-06 for the tall model, and part # 52933-06 for the standard height. I want to be able to mount/fasten my T-bag style touring bag against this sissy bar and was wondering if you guys prefer the taller model upright over the standard one. In the HD catologue it says the taller model is 2.5" inches taller than the standard model. The standard height upright looks a little short, and I was just concerned about the T-bag not sitting against it properly. My seat is still the stock SG seat. Also, has anyone had their passenger complain about either sissy bar upright being too tall or too short ? jabbing them in the back ? Sorry, for the long post fellas...just want to make sure I get the right one. Thanks, always appreciated...
Joe

Old 02-16-2010, 03:45 PM
Navy Mustang
Road Master
Received 313 Likes on 121 Posts

I have the tall version but would have preferred the shorter one strictly for aesthetics; I think it looks better. But the wife certainly enjoys the additional support provided by the taller backrest mount. I don't know for sure, but it stands to reason that the T-Bag would "fit" better against the taller backrest.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:56 PM
BigBen'sFLTR
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you think you may want to add a rider back rest in the future you may want to consider the passenger backrest size that compliments the rider backrest. I had the dealer install both on my '09 RG before I left the store. If you are not sure if you want a rider backrest or not, tell the dealer you want to test ride a used bike with one so that you know what it feels like.