Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Revisiting the Reverse Gear for Touring Bikes

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 08:37 PM
FLTR2008TRIKE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Champion reverse gear is what I have installed on my trike. To answer your question about it locking up between first and the reverse gear is if you forget to to take it out of reverse before shifting into first.

I have used mine and have had no issues in 2 yrs and 30k miles at this point. The reverse shifter for 09 touring models is now located to the rear of the transmision cover to accomodate the new exhaust

Theres no reverse setup for any two wheel bike from Harley that I know of ( except the triglides) and installing any aftermarket reverse kit will void your warranty if its reported by a dealer

Last edited by FLTR2008TRIKE; 02-15-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:53 PM
dlrshort
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FLTR2008TRIKE
Champion reverse gear is what I have installed on my trike. To answer your question about it locking up between first and the reverse gear is if you forget to to take it out of reverse before shifting into first.

I have used mine and have had no issues in 2 yrs and 30k miles at this point. The reverse shifter for 09 touring models is now located to the rear of the transmision cover to accomodate the new exhaust

Theres no reverse setup for any two wheel bike from Harley that I know of ( except the triglides) and installing any aftermarket reverse kit will void your warranty if its reported by a dealer
Thanks.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:12 PM
07fatboycustom
Cruiser

just a suggestion. I have a roadking and when girlfriend on back and i want to push backwards, the passenger floorboards bind my legs at the calf. I also have the reach seat. One idea I have thought of is this. HD has a raiser bracket for the passenger floorboards that actually raise it about 2.5". I think she would like it anyway and at the same time it would stop my leg from feeling like it is being jammed. Just and idea.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:07 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Check out www.aim-tamachi.com They got ya covered.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:47 PM
dlrshort
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 07fatboycustom
just a suggestion. I have a roadking and when girlfriend on back and i want to push backwards, the passenger floorboards bind my legs at the calf. I also have the reach seat. One idea I have thought of is this. HD has a raiser bracket for the passenger floorboards that actually raise it about 2.5". I think she would like it anyway and at the same time it would stop my leg from feeling like it is being jammed. Just and idea.
That's a great idea, and won't void my warantee!

Old 02-16-2010, 06:53 PM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 217 Likes on 103 Posts

No experience here but have heard that Champion reverse was to be a pretty good product.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:55 AM
vistavette
Stellar HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by 07fatboycustom
That doesn't work. I have those on my Ultra since my wife is so short; they hit you anyway...worse I think than the originals.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:01 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by will2002
Check out www.aim-tamachi.com They got ya covered.
I have been using this reverse gear kit for over a year and it works great. It also has a safety feature so you can't accidentally shift the bike into first while reverse is engaged. Here is the direct link to the Mamba reverse kit.

http://www.aim-tamachi.com/home.php?cat=73

And a Youtube vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-gywWn03YY

Old 10-03-2012, 11:06 PM
FL_HIGHLANDER
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ULTRA ZOOM
Sounds like man up or ride a gold wing.
BITE ME. I'm a disabled Vet with blown out knees and I have trouble backing up since my second surgery. I'm looking to add a reverse because I'm 59 and not ready to occupy a rocking chair.

My guess you tote a little pecker around with your little brain making others feel like **** because you got nothing to say.

STFU

Last edited by FL_HIGHLANDER; 10-03-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Mike_M
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Reviving a thread over two and a half years old just for that?

Wow.

Quick Reply: Revisiting the Reverse Gear for Touring Bikes