Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil pressure blowing out the seal around filter

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010 | 10:36 AM
mongomark
Road Master

Yeah, the SE kit is a good way to go. It just depends on whether you want to stay with chain drive (which isn't a bad way to go) or go gear drive. The good thing about the SE kit, it gives you the late style (07 and newer) oil pump which flows better, has better scavenging and the hydralic tensioner setup. Some special tools are required for the job. You'll probably want to replace the case cam bearings with torringtons. You'll also have to decide, since you're there, do you want different cams?

Old 02-15-2010 | 11:17 PM
mrnone
|
Road Master
Default i just want it to work for as long as possible without spending all my beer money

i can borrow the tools from a buddy.
taking it all apart to check the relief valve without changing it out to the new tensioners, billet cam support plate, and better pump seams silly to me.
500 bux for everything less with HOG discount.
what are "torringtons" ? i don't want to change cams unless their worn out because i do not want to buy a power commander or get a remap.
at what point do i build a new motor?
from what i have heard about the pressed flywheels i am looking forward to more problems. the future looks expensive....
thanx