Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chose my engine builder..Throttle-City

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010 | 09:16 PM
bpav16
Road Master

Originally Posted by aviscomi
He (Chuckie) "dialed" in my Nightrain perfect...running Martin Bros pipes & a Wimmer Intake there was no chance of me finding a "canned" map. Actually, he was a bit suprised at the numbers it put out.
I'm gonna go talk to him friday, I see you have a pcIII...I already have an sest installed...I wonder if he has the knowledge for tuning the harley tuner?

Old 03-11-2010 | 09:38 PM
arealinvestor
Road Master

Originally Posted by Crusher
Based on a recommendation by Tony (aviscomi) from this forum I visited Throttle-City in Levittown, PA today. http://www.throttle-city.com/index.cfm. Chuck, Owner/operator, was more then accommodating, listened to what I wanted and came up with a 103 upgrade that will achieve my goals. Shop was immaculate and Chuck appeared very knowledgeable. I liked that he didn't push anything on me that I didn't need. In fact he talked my out of some stuff that I would have purchased as I thought it would be beneficial but really wasn't for my application.

Thanks Tony for the recommendation. I will post back after the upgrade and give my opinions on the work and performance then.....
I've heard of them,but don't know of anyone who has used them, other than for oil changes.How could you forget about the legend who is right around the corner??Does the name Andy Simon ring a bell???Mutiple record holder in almost every facet of the drag racing world!! He is in Langhorne near Perruzzi Nissian.His nephew Larry, of Larry's Hot Rods & Harley's is in Penndel.They both are damn near legends with Harley's,how did you miss them??

Last edited by arealinvestor; 03-12-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old 03-12-2010 | 06:27 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by bpav16
I'm gonna go talk to him friday, I see you have a pcIII...I already have an sest installed...I wonder if he has the knowledge for tuning the harley tuner?
I don't think the SERT or SEST will be an issue for him.

Old 03-12-2010 | 08:20 AM
07fxdwg
Road Captain

Originally Posted by arealinvestor
I've heard of them,but don't know of anyone who has used them, other than for oil changes.How could you forget about the legend who is right right around the corner??Does the name Andy Simon ring a bell???Mutiple record holder in almost every facet of the drag racing world!! He is in Langhorne near Perruzzi Nissian.His newphew Larry, of Larry's Hot Rods & Harley's is in Penndel.They both are damn near legends with Harley's,how did you miss them??

I deal with Larry at Larrys Hot Rods and Harleys off New Falls Rd. Didn't care for guy at Throttle City. Talked down to me when I was asking questions. Seemed a little full of himself to me. JMO

Old 03-12-2010 | 11:49 AM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by aviscomi
He (Chuckie) "dialed" in my Nightrain perfect...running Martin Bros pipes & a Wimmer Intake there was no chance of me finding a "canned" map. Actually, he was a bit suprised at the numbers it put out.
Wanted to tag this post anyway so, I'll bite, what numbers did he get?

Old 03-12-2010 | 12:05 PM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by 07FLHT
Wanted to tag this post anyway so, I'll bite, what numbers did he get?
I believe it was 79 hp and I don't remember the torque

Old 03-13-2010 | 02:31 PM
bpav16
Road Master

I visited with him friday....made an appt to tune my new 103.....gonna be two weeks from now, he is kinda booked up...I know there are alot of good tuners around this area but as abrupt as this guy is, I like him and with the recomendations of you guys and people on the street, I think I'm gonna be happy with this tune...he has no problems working with the sest but would rather I had a thundermax or pcv....I just want this bike to run stronger than stock and a reliable......bob

Old 06-20-2010 | 06:40 AM
bpav16
Road Master

Originally Posted by Crusher
Based on a recommendation by Tony (aviscomi) from this forum I visited Throttle-City in Levittown, PA today. http://www.throttle-city.com/index.cfm. Chuck, Owner/operator, was more then accommodating, listened to what I wanted and came up with a 103 upgrade that will achieve my goals. Shop was immaculate and Chuck appeared very knowledgeable. I liked that he didn't push anything on me that I didn't need. In fact he talked my out of some stuff that I would have purchased as I thought it would be beneficial but really wasn't for my application.

Thanks Tony for the recommendation. I will post back after the upgrade and give my opinions on the work and performance then.....
How did your build turn out? Mine is OK but not tuned yet, I tried Larry's but he had a problem with his computer...sent my bike home and I'm still waiting for him to call me back...might be going back to throttle city

Old 06-20-2010 | 07:07 AM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member

Lots of people are learning Chuck is an arrogant ***.. Talks down to a lot of people and is not that great at what he does..

Just did a service on a bike yesterday, he did the last one. Where's the O rings Chuck? LOL. I guess using the plumbers goo is good enough? Did ya really need to tighten the filter with a wrench? Needed a breaker bar to get it off..

Seviced my buddies Fatboy 2 months ago, same thing.. No O rings and had to crush the filter to get it off..

Friend had him do a thundermax and tune his 07 ST.. Had the wires so tight that they ripped apart on his first ride. Went thru 2 sets of plugs cause it wasnt dynoed correctly and then CHucks yells at him like it's his fault. Theres a grand down the drain..

Friend had the big bore kit put on his, we were tighening **** up for weeks after.. LOL, front exhaust bolts fell off..

Good Luck.. I'd use Simons before ever walking into TC.

Last edited by RFG7680; 06-20-2010 at 07:35 AM.
Old 06-20-2010 | 07:24 AM
bpav16
Road Master

Originally Posted by RFG
Lots of people are learning Chuck is an arrogant ***.. Talks down to a lot of people and is not that great at what he does..

Just did a service on a bike yesterday, he did the last one. Where's the O rings Chuck? LOL. I guess using the plumbers goo is good enough? Did ya really need to tighten the filter with a wrench? Needed a breaker bar to get it off..

Seviced my buddies Fatboy 2 months ago, same thing.. No O rings and had to crush the filter to get it off..

Friend had him do a powermax and tune his 07 ST.. Had the wires so tight that they ripped apart on his first ride. Went thru 2 sets of plugs cause it wasnt dynoed correctly and then CHucks yells at him like it's his fault.

Friend had the big bore kit put on his, we were tighening **** up for weeks after.. LOL, front exhaust bolts fell off..

Good Luck.. I'd use Simons before ever walking into TC.
Thanks for the info...I had a similar experience (talk down at me) at TC but I need a tune. Larry had my bike in shop for over a week, had some software issues and sent me home. I stopped by, called him, and he isn't calling me back, its just a harley 103 with a sest. Is Simons his Uncle? I might stop by there on Monday....Bob

Quick Reply: Chose my engine builder..Throttle-City