Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just opened my lower fairings, think theres a problem...

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 05:46 AM
PadreL
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've dealt with other companies who sent me defective products. A well-written, succinct letter outlining the defect, why you want to return it, and what you expect the company to do about it will go a long way. In the letter make sure to be polite but firm and state there should not be any restocking charge to you for returning a defective product. Call the company first, speak with a customer rep, get the rep's name, and ask the rep for the appropriate address for your letter (preferably, get a specific name of a person who can deal with your issue).

What have you got to lose? And what price do you put on peace of mind?

Old 02-13-2010, 06:50 AM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If IYO they aint right then send them back to the MoCo. Then order a set for $300 from flea bay...same painted parts by the same .10/hr help in BFE...only it will cost you half as much to obtain them. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT lots of guys have these here and seem way more happier than you do with yours. There was a post about these the other day here https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-fairings.html

Old 02-13-2010, 07:36 AM
Sincecrazy
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Id tell you not to worry about it. I feel ya with your complaint but it is what it is. The inner of those lowers will turn chalk white over time. I painted the inside of mine because of this. Id say spray em or at least clear them so they will hold up better. As far as removing the over spray a rag and some acetone should do the trick.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:58 AM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by djkolp
You are absolutely correct. Unfortunately, there are too many willing to pay good money for a turd as long as it has an HD logo on it.
I think in HD's eyes they call it "Theres an *** for every toilet seat". There are more than enough people to sell the chit to, then there are that want it done right.