Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just opened my lower fairings, think theres a problem...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 06:57 AM
RDM
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a thought - depending on where you bought them from, if you send it back you'll lose the money you spent to have it shipped to you. You'll have to pay to ship it back and they may try to pop you with a restocking charge. You could probably fix the overspray issue for way less than it would cost to send them back.

I'm not sayin' it's right cause they should have been perfect to start with. It might just cost less in the long run to take care of it and ride on. Only you can decide what will let you sleep at night.

As a side note, I went out and looked at the ones that came on my 08 UC and they have a little overspray inside - along with some dirt, dust and sand......

Old 02-12-2010, 07:01 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Send them back or have them repainted.
Mine were ok but over time,the black has faded to white.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:52 AM
kruzin
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Dealers will not take back painted parts...none I ever seen anyway. Just what everyone else has said, "that's the way they are". It's no big deal.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:58 AM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by creep1
So other people on here have had the same issue??? Well in my opinion- If you pay 600 dollars for a factory painted part it should be mint ! The overspray is on the inner edges and I think it definetly will be noticeable. Not hugely noticeable , but enough to annoy me. Yeah I could paint the inside but again- why should I have to !! Does anyone on here think I should send them back or am I wasting my time.
+1!! IMO @ $600.00 they should perfect!

Old 02-12-2010, 08:10 PM
djkolp
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kruzin
Dealers will not take back painted parts...none I ever seen anyway. Just what everyone else has said, "that's the way they are". It's no big deal.
That's the way they are? Not in my book. I'm sure that HD is aware that they have many customers out there who have no problem paying premium prices for a less than quality product. I'd send it back just on G.P.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:10 PM
creep1
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The question I pose is this. Being that the color is vivid black and the inner is black colored plastic its not that noticeable. What if my bike was orange. Then what . That would be majorly noticeable. So just b/c the bike is black I shouldnt care ??

Old 02-12-2010, 10:30 PM
wcsj55@yahoo.com
Extreme HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought mine used at a swap meet color matched and noticed the over spray I just sprayed the inside gloss black !!!

Old 02-12-2010, 10:42 PM
creep1
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand all of you guys painting their oversprayed lowers. And I understand the inner gets dirty. And I understand I shouldnt be bitching here but I think I just want to raise awareness on this forum. If everyone stood up instead of just spraying there parts When we all pay good hard earned money then I think moco would have to step it up. At the price we pay for bikes and parts we should get nothing but quality. Ducati would never allow this. Nor would honda or 20 other companys out there. Why should we just accept this ?

Old 02-12-2010, 11:22 PM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

I had red fire pearl ones, they dont paint the inside its bare abs but I had clearcoat overspray on it. You asked for it to be perfect, well thats HDs version of perfect. IMHO. You get used to it a few rainstorms on them and theyll have character.

Old 02-13-2010, 05:41 AM
djkolp
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by creep1
I understand all of you guys painting their oversprayed lowers. And I understand the inner gets dirty. And I understand I shouldnt be bitching here but I think I just want to raise awareness on this forum. If everyone stood up instead of just spraying there parts When we all pay good hard earned money then I think moco would have to step it up. At the price we pay for bikes and parts we should get nothing but quality. Ducati would never allow this. Nor would honda or 20 other companys out there. Why should we just accept this ?
You are absolutely correct. Unfortunately, there are too many willing to pay good money for a turd as long as it has an HD logo on it.

Quick Reply: Just opened my lower fairings, think theres a problem...