Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RK Handlebar Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 02:49 PM
TuxedoCartman
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RK Handlebar Recommendations?

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forums, and just bought an 05 Road King standard (last night, actually.) Fantastic bike, I can't get over how well it rides. But the biggest problem I've had with it is the accursed handlebars. Not enough rise OR pullback. So I was wondering if anybody could recommend a good set of handlebars for the Road King, preferebly in the same style as the Heritage Softail bars? I'm going to be putting some serious miles on this bike, so I need something comfy.

Thanks!

Old 05-28-2005, 03:03 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: RK Handlebar Recommendations?

Check out the Wild1's...they make awesome handlebars...good website with lots of info...

Mac

Old 05-28-2005, 04:21 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

A lot of guys are running the Heritage Softail bars on Roadkings. I don't think it requires the changing of any wiring or cables.

The bars off of a Roadking Custom are really comfortable, but would probably require some cable and wire changes.

I had a set of Electraglide 2" pullback touring bars on my Roadking. I didn't have to change any cables, but I had to do some bending and reforming of the brake line.

Regards,

Bill

Old 05-28-2005, 07:13 PM
Iceman
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too was going to run the heritage bars on my road king, but if you do some research you will find that they have even less pulback than the stock RK bars. i went with the Road King High handlebars. same rise as the heritage bars, but with pullback. I like em, but i am thinking about going with some apes, as i would actually like more rise than what i have now. with the road king high handle bars i did not have to change any wires or cables, and i installed it all in about 45 minutes. HD part number is 55954-00. Click Me.

Old 05-28-2005, 10:00 PM
PLHOG
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I looked at lots of HD and other handlebars for my 01 RK. Then one day, I sat on a buddie's RK and found I really like the way his set. I asked what kind they were, and he said the stock bars! Turns out that just adjusting the bars was all I needed. Might not work for you, but it certainly is a cheap option to try!

Old 05-28-2005, 11:02 PM
Retired_Ted
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also recently purchased an '05 RK standard. I rotated the stock kandlebars and that helped quite a bit but eventually went with Harley's extended reach handlebar specifically made for the Road King (part number 56152-04). Be advised that although Harley states that you'll need the wire extension, it is NOT needed - and, you can run your wires inside the bars. Very nice addition. Here's a picture of mine.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1376/BC8E14E4F56346B3B696CE9AD170A246.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-28-2005, 11:10 PM
Driller
5th Gear

I put the Wild1 10" chubbys on my RK Classic with the internal wiring. I really like them. A little more rise than stock.

Here are a couple of pics:

http://www.vtwintalk.com/m_52972/tm.htm

Old 05-29-2005, 12:36 AM
Pelonz
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: pilot1996

Check out the Wild1's...they make awesome handlebars...good website with lots of info...

Mac

I'd recc Wild 1 as well

Old 06-01-2005, 09:06 PM
JrDick
Novice

Well I am glad I ain't the only one them stanard bar just suck on the Road King, for my 2004 Road King I put on a set of Heritage Soft. bar's as for me being a taller guy fit me nice. They are the highest bar's you can add with out needing to replace wire's and cable's.

Jr.D

Old 06-02-2005, 12:52 AM
swb
Cruiser

I put the RK Custom bars on mine and really like them. Go and sit on a custom and see what you think. No wires need to be changed, but I did have to change the brake line and put the stainless steel line on - looks very good. Let me know if I can help.

Quick Reply: RK Handlebar Recommendations?