Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Comm V map/cam change ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 06:59 PM
monzaman
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power Comm V map/cam change ???

I have a 09 road glide for which I purchased a PC-V, Jackpot slip on mufflers, and high flow breather from Fuel-moto. Have been totally pleased with the performance and rideability of this setup. Last weekend I changed to a set of Crane cams I bought used from a forum member. They are the Crane 300 cams. Very similar to the andrews 21 as best I can tell. I know that the map will need to be changed. I was wondering if anyone had a map for the PC-V that might work with this setup or one very similar? I may call fuel-moto and get there input but hate to bother them since I bought some used cams instead of new from them.

Also what about the auto tune system? Who has it. Likes/dislikes?? Is this a viable option for me or am I better off to try to find someone to dyno tune this combo?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Old 02-10-2010, 07:04 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 669 Likes on 533 Posts

if you bought the pcv from fuel moto they will be happy to send u a new map.although crane not being one of the most popular cams out there they may or may not have a good map for ya ,call and find out,try the canned map for free and if it doesnt work for ya then look at the autotune.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:58 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

I would not hesitate to call Fuel Moto for advise on this, and they may have a map for your setup with the new cams. If not and you're not satisfied with something close you may need to either perform a dyno-tune or upgrade to Auto-Tune. To me going in the latter direction is the right way to go.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:53 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,159 Likes on 1,353 Posts

Originally Posted by monzaman
I have a 09 road glide for which I purchased a PC-V, Jackpot slip on mufflers, and high flow breather from Fuel-moto. Have been totally pleased with the performance and rideability of this setup. Last weekend I changed to a set of Crane cams I bought used from a forum member. They are the Crane 300 cams. Very similar to the andrews 21 as best I can tell. I know that the map will need to be changed. I was wondering if anyone had a map for the PC-V that might work with this setup or one very similar? I may call fuel-moto and get there input but hate to bother them since I bought some used cams instead of new from them.

Also what about the auto tune system? Who has it. Likes/dislikes?? Is this a viable option for me or am I better off to try to find someone to dyno tune this combo?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Give us a call as we are here to help and would be happy to assist you in getting you bike tuned in with you new cams. We would have a close map for your setup.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com