Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Ride Shields New X-Stream Shield SciFi's Review

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 06:18 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Updated Long Ride Shields New X-Stream Shield SciFi's Review Report & News From LRS

Well I thought I'd start a thread detailing my experience with the new X-Stream windshield from Long Ride Shields.

Got home tonight and the shield had arrived. Unfortunately it's a little to dark outside (not to mention cold and wet) to try to put the shield on tonight but I did take a few pics of the shield.

I ordered the 8" shield in dark gray. I'll be honest when I first looked at it with the protective film on it I could not see much of a difference between the 8" X-Stream and the 8" re curve shield currently on the bike also purchased from Long Ride Shields. But once I removed the film I could see the changes in the new shield.

My major concern at the moment is will it work with the T-Bag windshield bags that I have and would really like to leave on the bike. From looking at the shield I'm hopeful that it will work since this shield does not look to come back toward the rider as much as the competitor's shield does.

Any way to the pic's.

First the front view.

Next the view from the back.

And a side view.

I'm hoping to get the shield on tomorrow if possible and will update this thread with additional pics and my opinions once I can get out on the road with it.

I'll also give as much information as far as my height and other dimensions.

Stay tuned.

Last edited by SciFiGuy; 02-12-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:34 PM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool, I am very interested in what you have to say. I want to buy a new windshield, but with all the choices it is hard to determine. Thanks for the effort to inform us...

Old 02-10-2010, 06:47 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master

Originally Posted by Lawdawg
Cool, I am very interested in what you have to say. I want to buy a new windshield, but with all the choices it is hard to determine. Thanks for the effort to inform us...
I know what your saying. I went through the same thing in trying to pick just the right shield. Have been very happy with the 8" re curve compared to the 6" re curve I rode with until I bought the 8" not to mention how much better it was over the stock 4" shield.

I'll be sure to take pic's of the 8" re curve currently on the bike before I take it off.

I'll then take pic's of a side by side comparison of the two shields off the bike. Then a side by side comparison of the two shields on the bike.

Unfortunately tomorrow is looking worse than today weather wise but suppose to clear up Friday. If so I'll be sure to have the new shield on the bike for the ride to and from work (will be taking the long, long way home that night) so I can get a good feel for how much better or worse the ride is.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:16 PM
woosh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking forward to your posts. I am up in the air between a new Long Ride Extreme and Klock Werks shield.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:29 PM
vbx07
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Glad to see you got your's. Look's good! Can't wait to see it on my bike. I'm still waiting. Weather hasn't helped, I'm sure.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:31 PM
No Tyme
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

SciFiGuy
I just ordered the same 8" shield from Long Ride and applied for the $15 rebate... Did you get in on the rebate?
The shield looks good; you answered a question I had since their web site did not have a good clear cut example of the tints that they had to offer...

Old 02-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What color shield would go with the bat wing vents on an 09'?

Old 02-10-2010, 07:52 PM
bjones
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still waiting on mine to arive should be here tomorrow or next day. I ordered same one scifiguy, I like the color. Was worried if it would be dark enough. Get out there and change that d**n thing lets see some real time review and pics

Old 02-11-2010, 05:01 AM
SciFiGuy
Road Master

Originally Posted by No Tyme
SciFiGuy
I just ordered the same 8" shield from Long Ride and applied for the $15 rebate... Did you get in on the rebate?
The shield looks good; you answered a question I had since their web site did not have a good clear cut example of the tints that they had to offer...
I ordered mine on the day that LRS was looking for testers so I got the $30.00 rebate.

Originally Posted by Lawdawg
What color shield would go with the bat wing vents on an 09'?
I have the smoked HD adjustable vents on mine and the dark gray matches very well with them.

Originally Posted by bjones
Still waiting on mine to arive should be here tomorrow or next day. I ordered same one scifiguy, I like the color. Was worried if it would be dark enough. Get out there and change that d**n thing lets see some real time review and pics
Yeah I'm dying to get the thing on the bike myself. Hopefully tonight.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:07 AM
TRMRC
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm on the fence as well. I saw the new HD Windsplitter the other day at the dealership - I really like the contour of that one (I get a good discount at the dlrship, so price will be the same)- this one appears to be "wider" on the sides than the HD one, So I am looking forward to your review and pics as well.

Last edited by TRMRC; 02-11-2010 at 10:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Long Ride Shields New X-Stream Shield SciFi's Review