Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does this sound like a scam to you?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Bigcim
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does this sound like a scam to you?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...592405575.html
This is a copy of the email response I recieved after asking for more info

albertt752@aol.com

Hi there,
Before we go ahead,in case you are still interested, some words about the bike: THIS IS A 2007 HARLEY DAVIDSON FLHRC ROAD KING CLASSIC WITH ONLY 12001 ACTUAL MILES ON IT. IT IS TWO TONE RED AND BLACK IN COLOR. ITS POWERED BY A 96 CUBIC INCH (1584CC) ENGINE, IS FUEL INJECTED AND HAS A 6 SPEED TRANSMISSION. IT HAS HAD CHROME GRIPS, VANCE AND HINES MUFFLERS, AND K&N BREATHER KIT INSTALLED. THE BIKE RUNS GREAT, STARTS RIGHT UP AND SHIFTS SMOOTHLY. THERE ARE NO DENTS, DINGS, OR SCRATCHES. Warranty Extended Available,CLEAR TITLE.
Price is $4750.00 .The only reason I am selling is that my wife lost her job 6 months ago, and as a result we are downsizing our expenses. I'm in a hurry to find a buyer because I'm in debts with my bank.But what it's really worrying me is that if I don't get money quickly I'll lose my house because the term due at my bank is near and I don't have the money to pay my rate.So now you can see the reason why I'm selling my bike at $4750.00

I'm an US Air Force SSgt. currently stationed in United Kingdom.We recently moved in Warren,Rhode Island and the bike will be shipped from here by DAS .My brother who works for DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers) will take care by the shipping..he has his own advantages..you know...and he can ship it for free.
I've also done business through eBay and I ll like to finish the deal through them for a safe deal for both!Your funds will be 100% insured by Ebay until you will receive and inspect the bike, and I will be sure that I will receive the payment. The transaction will be closed only through eBay, in this way we will both be protected. You will have 5 days from the time you receive the bike to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
If this is the bike you are looking for and if you agree with these conditions let me know and I will set up the transaction through eBay.
Thank you

PS: If you want to see more pics just let me know!
Ssgt. Albert Tripp

Old 02-09-2010, 09:49 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

if your stupid enough to believe in it go for it, any other goofy questions?

Old 02-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Certified Drunk
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smells like a fish to me!

RexBuck
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup - had a similar email on a bike advertised here in Canada last fall.

DeputyMike
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ridiculous. Scam. If you fall for something to good to be true, it's your bad....

Old 02-09-2010, 09:53 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by leohd
if your stupid enough to believe in it go for it, any other goofy questions?
leo?
Wouldn't you like to come across a deal on a Fugly like that?

Old 02-09-2010, 09:53 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Scam no question about it and sounds like the same story guy was pulling on craigslist around here maybe even the same name but this time he claimed he was in montana military base and would ship.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:55 PM
jdreed520
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

scam scam....

Old 02-09-2010, 09:55 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 02-09-2010, 10:02 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Contact them via email and tell them you want to see the bike in person and watch the crawfish peepee dance in action. They will tell you it's in some eBay warehouse somewhere just tell them that's great you will be in the area soon to see it. They will end the conversation. The escrow service through eBay they claim to use is a fake service they set up. I have been having fun with these scams for years. Remember one thing. In GOD we trust, everyone else pays cash. No lookie no duckie.
Had to look for the one my buddy sent me.

Hi,
First, a few words about this Ranger Bass Boat Z20: I am the original owner, the boat is very clean, has been very well maintained, has no damage and is in great condition, never left in the water for a extended period of time. You will not find a cleaner 06 Z20 for this price with only 92 hours of use. This boat has the Mercury 225 HP motor mounted on a 10" Hydraulic jack plate.
The best part about it? It could be YOURS!!! These boats are desgined for GREAT TIMES!
If you decide to buy it, you'll receive all the papers, owner manual, keys, a buy-sell contract already signed by me and the clear title.
I have a low price ( $ 3,500 including delivery to your home address ) because I want to sell the boat very quickly. My husband died 2 months ago and I along with my daughter decided to sell the house and we moved to my sister.* Unfortunately I can't conclude this transaction personally because my work involves a lot of travelling but I left everything prepared for the sale. If you are really interested in purchasing the boat please contact me asap..... More photos available..
Regards!

From the pictures I told my buddy the boat looked to be worth around $18k

Last edited by captjon37; 02-09-2010 at 10:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Does this sound like a scam to you?